Answered

Sonos stops when a text or whatsapp comes through on a separate device.

• 21 April 2018
  • 9 replies

All 4 sonos play 1s and the connect amp are hard wired, there are no ip address conflicts. I am playing music via the sonos app using Amazon. When a text or whats app comes through to my wifes or my phone the sonos music stops. The crazy thing is both phones are not even connected to the wifi, the sonos apps on both phones are not running in the background - that should not be possible but it has consistenly happened at least 10 times in a row. I have tried rebooting everything from ipads, phones, routers. Help!
icon

Best answer by neilcoomber 6 July 2018, 18:52

Right, have sorted my issue now by reinstalling the app..
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Next time that happens send in a diagnostic and either post the number here or call Sonos support with it.
And if you end up calling in to Sonos, please come back here and post what the resolution is....I'm fascinated by the issue, and can't begin to think of how it's happening!
Mine is doing the exact same thing.
As Stanley_4 suggested, you probably should submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I have another thread going that has the same affect when receiving texts, my diag numbers are 843712204 when on wiffi and 823567938 when I have one play hardwired. If I get a result I will post,..
Right, have sorted my issue now by reinstalling the app..
I'd love it if a Sonos rep could take a look, though. I can't figure out any reason why receiving a text would have any effect at all on what's being streamed by the speakers. The only thing that would make any sense to me is if you were streaming content from the phone, and the phone was being starved for resources in order to play the text received sound.

However, if that's the case, it might not actually show up in the diagnostic, either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I'd love it if a Sonos rep could take a look, though. I can't figure out any reason why receiving a text would have any effect at all on what's being streamed by the speakers. The only thing that would make any sense to me is if you were streaming content from the phone, and the phone was being starved for resources in order to play the text received sound.

However, if that's the case, it might not actually show up in the diagnostic, either.

The only way that system generated audio could make it's way to Sonos, would be through Line-In or something like AirPlay. Diagnostics are only as helpful as the information that comes with the confirmation number. By that, I mean that we would need to know what player this is happening to? If its a grouped room, who is the Group Coordinator (the player you grouped the rest of the players to)? What audio content are you listening to? Does this happen across all content?

When I take a closer look at the diagnostics, the last commands I see are coming from a Huawei Android controller sending a number of stop/resume commands to Sonos in the Kitchen. This just tells us where the commands are coming from, not necessarily what on the phone is causing that to happen.
Yea, that's what I was thinking, too. Thanks for confirming, Keith!