Sonos stops playing when grouped, not alone

• 6 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have two play 1´s and one Play 5. They have been working perfectly for ca 2 months. But since yeasterday they just stopped playing music after 5-10 minutes. Restarted the router and they worked for around the same time again.

Ive checked everything routerwise that i know of, Channel is 1, its not on auto so it switches channels. All my Sonos have a fixed IP. There is no firewall or anything on, all my other equipment works perfect, i even updated the router, factory resetted it and set everything up again. In the settings i can see that 1 units drops from the network when it stops playing. i think its the Play 5. If i restart it, then it shows up in network again...

The weird part (atlest for me) is if i play the 5 by itself it works without stopping or if i play my two paired 1´s they also work... But its when i group the two. Then it works for a short while, and then the music stops (and 1 unit drops from the network).

Anyone know what the issue can be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It sounds like you are using a wireless extender, would that be correct? Could you submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the corresponding confirmation? This way I can look into the problem. Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It sounds like you are using a wireless extender, would that be correct? Could you submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the corresponding confirmation? This way I can look into the problem. Thanks.

Hi Edward. This problem actually solved itself yesterday when i installed the 7.1 update. 🙂

Thank you anyways for the answer.
Hi Edward, my Sonos seems to be doing this now too. I have tried seeing if there is n update but it says it's up to date already. Thanks
You may want to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.

If you note, that's what the Sonos rep asked the previous poster to do.
That is easier said than done! I'm new to Sonos but can't seem to find that diagnostic part on my phone app that my Sonos system is linked to.
Here you go .
Badge
hello, my sonos, stop alone, I have connected via rj45, submitted diangostic test with number 8024752, my internet speed is 89.11 mbps, upload 10.14 mbps, I also use the homecenter 2 application, only teste on radio...