Question

Sonos stops playing shortly after starting

• 5 January 2017
  • 5 replies

I have had a sonos play 3 for around a year with no difficulties. I recently upgraded my router. Upon doing so, on reconnecting sonos to the router, it then updated.
Ever since sonos will cut out anywhere from 3 seconds to about half an hour after beginning playback. I have tried resetting it, restarting everything e.t.c to no avail.
Please help as it is getting very frustrating!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Crabrace. Welcome to the community. We'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you. But first, would you please submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the corresponding confirmation? This way, we can take a look. Thanks.
Diagnostic submitted with confirmation 7069614
I look forward to your response. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic submitted with confirmation 7069614
I look forward to your response. Thanks

Hi Crabrace,

It may help to reboot your Sonos speaker by removing it from power. Leave it unplugged for ten seconds or so then plug it back in. Once everything is back online, test playback again and if you run into any more errors, send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number.
Tried restarting. And have tried turning off all connected devices and restarted one by one. Playback still fails after ~10 mins. Submitted a new diognosis straight after this. Number 7162375
Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Tried restarting. And have tried turning off all connected devices and restarted one by one. Playback still fails after ~10 mins. Submitted a new diognosis straight after this. Number 7162375
Many thanks

It would be best to continue troubleshooting over the phone to get to the bottom of this. Please call us up and reference case number: 170306-001247. Our phone number and hours can be found here.