Sonos stops playing after 1 song

• 1 September 2017
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

This is happening to.me. I've worked with tier 2 support at Sonos to no avail. They blame it on Google and put the onus on me to get it fixed with Google, even though Sonos advertises their speakers work with Google music. Frustrating.

Deleted

Why was the last comment deleted? It expressed the same frustration I've experienced. 

Why was the last comment deleted? It expressed the same frustration I've experienced. 

I deleted it, Although I am very frustrated by my Sonos devices I felt that it was overly negative and perhaps not helpful to those seeking help in this forum. 

Ironically I am listening to music on my Sonos right now and it is playing ok at the moment. I still can only get Google Play Music app to only play one song and the stop though and the Sonos app is a pretty clunky way to play my Google Music collection. Its been like this for maybe 6 months after updates by "someone." 

I seem to have a similar problem. Direct play from a Google Play Music playlist quits after the first song. It doesn't matter where in the playlist I start it always stops after 1 song. If I play Tune in Radio from the sonos app no problems - continuously plays. While i have been told network interference is the problem I find it hard to believe interference always pops up after 1 song and not while using Tune in Radio.

i have the same problem no matter if with google plaz or sonos appli … waiting response to my thread

I seem to have a similar problem. Direct play from a Google Play Music playlist quits after the first song. It doesn't matter where in the playlist I start it always stops after 1 song. If I play Tune in Radio from the sonos app no problems - continuously plays. While i have been told network interference is the problem I find it hard to believe interference always pops up after 1 song and not while using Tune in Radio.

i have the same problem no matter if with google plaz or sonos appli … waiting response to my thread

really frustrating to have pay 200EUR for a simple speaker that gives me more problems than functionality… My Sony speaker works much better…

i called CS and they told me I have to contact Google to solve the issue…??!! OK,  if I play from within SONOS application music albums play fine but we all know how crappy this appli it is… I can not download songs to play it offline or outside from my “sonos network” as I can do with Google Play and even more they told me mobile direct playing is not supported anymore ???

Luckily I did not buy more SONOS components, then I would be fuming…. I am thinking I would be better off if buying even a chinese speaker… thanks SONOS one less Customer.. now to the social network and to eBay to put it on sale….

+1 here, started a couple days ago…  OK, I’ve added new smart home devices on my network… but did a Sonos upgrade at the same time too.  I’m a network engineer by day and I run an Aruba IAP-225 (802.11ac) access point.  While the Sonos doesn’t support AC, I can see my 802.11b/g/n channel being used at only 10%, all clients health is optimal but still this freaking speaker stops after one song.  Even more annoying, as a playlist start and you say “Alexa, next song” she constantly replies “What would you like to play next” and it drives me and my wife crazy.

Fix your product or it’s going out the door.

+1 here, started a couple days ago…  OK, I’ve added new smart home devices on my network… but did a Sonos upgrade at the same time too.  I’m a network engineer by day and I run an Aruba IAP-225 (802.11ac) access point.  While the Sonos doesn’t support AC, I can see my 802.11b/g/n channel being used at only 10%, all clients health is optimal but still this freaking speaker stops after one song.  Even more annoying, as a playlist start and you say “Alexa, next song” she constantly replies “What would you like to play next” and it drives me and my wife crazy.

Fix your product or it’s going out the door.

I take it you still haven’t been able to resolve this? I just bought a Sonos One and I’m debating whether to return it over this issue. It’s a great speaker, but this is unacceptable if it can’t do something as simple as continue playing like Google Play does fine on (every other device imaginable).

Nope, not fixed.  Got rid of my Sonos this week for an Amazon Studio.