Sonos standard setup gone wrong

• 13 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Solid white Led , but sonos says no existing network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What device are you setting up the controller app on? Is your wifi network 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz only? Have you tried wiring the speaker directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I'd also recommend in case you're looking for more professional help than some guy sitting on his couch watching baseball, you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
It's Sonos play 5 2nd Gen. It got nothing to do with router as I set it up before and use it on this same network for sometime, until last week when I loose internet connection at home, I restarted my router numerous times, only to later find out it was a general technical fault in the entire neighborhood, in little less than 24hrs my network suppliers fixed the technical fault my area was facing and obviously network name came back to default and password aswell,which I in turn changed back to what they were before. But ever since my play when powered on flashes white led which later stay solid white indicating Sonos is connected. But when I use the sonos app it says no existing account. I tried wired to router and wireless nothing seems to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you haven't got music services, favourites and Playlists set-up that you would be unhappy to lose it may be worth a factory reset and set-up your system as if from scratch.
I'm wondering whether as you changes password details on your router this is stopping Sonos from connecting even when wired.
I don't care about my list, I just want my device to work it's only 3months old and I have push the reset button at the back several times but it flashes white led and later strong white led indicating it's connected but on my app it says no existing setup. Weird.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Have you done a factory as per below?

1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.