Answered

Sonos sporadically stops playing in the middle of songs

• 11 September 2018
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1
I am ready to give up on this product. Just submitted diagnostics, # 1362819229.
I have a rock solid wifi network, nothing else is problematic. I have 3 Sonos Play:1 speakers, all with unique IP addresses. My iTunes music library is on a Macbook Pro that is continuously connected to the same network. If I play from "Sonos Controller for Mac", it seems to work fine, but if I begin playback from Sonos on the iPhone, it either a) works just fine, or, b) Constantly stops playing in the middle of a song. There doesn't seem to be a pattern - it's just random. Nothing worse than having the music cut out during playback. Sonos - THIS IS TABLE STAKES. How can you make a product with just ONE mission, and expect to succeed if you cannot deliver on it in a bulletproof way? Unimpressed.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 8 October 2018, 17:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Ok I the same issue with playing music that is actually in my iPhone X. It just randomly stops playing mid track.
I’ve read the above tips from Sonos and the easiest suggestion was to disable the “Auto Lock” in the Display & Brightness settings.

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Sort it out SONOS!! It’s driving me mad!!
NOT HAPPY! ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok I the same issue with playing music that is actually in my iPhone X. It just randomly stops playing mid track.
I’ve read the above tips from Sonos and the easiest suggestion was to disable the “Auto Lock” in the Display & Brightness settings.

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Sort it out SONOS!! It’s driving me mad!!
NOT HAPPY! ??

Hi there,

If the issue is caused by a non-Sonos Airplay device on your network, disabling auto lock should work. You can try powering off or disabling Airplay on non-Sonos devices and test it out. There are other potential causes of audio interruptions though. Please run through the steps in this guide, which covers the most common causes.

If you're still having audio cut outs, please reach out to our phone team who can troubleshoot the issue live. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Same issue here. Diagnostic # 522539888. Please advise! Thanks!
I have had the same issue for years and I am hardwired 2' away from my router. Static IP, 1 gig business internet, no internet issues what so ever. The past 2 weeks it cuts out Sirius and Pandora ever 15 mins to an hour. I tend to have it on daily for the majority of the day.
Even wired, you can still have the potential of duplicate IP addresses. At the very least, it's easy to try the fix, just unplug those Sonos devices, and reboot the router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

But if that doesn't fix the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I prefer to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.