Answered

Sonos Speakers Suddenly Won't Connect to Wifi

• 7 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have 2 Sonos 1 speakers and a Sonos 3. They are a few years old now so I believe they are older models.

They have always been happy in the locations they are situated in, but suddenly today they have not been connecting at all. I have moved one of them to a location far closer to the router than normal and it connects fine again.

Is there any reason that this should suddenly happen ?  I have rebooted the router and done all the normal things I would do, but no improvement in the situation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ben

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 December 2019, 19:43

If you refer to the wifi interference FAQ, you’ll note that there are many external sources of WiFi interference, some that you can have control over (in my case, a microwave whose shielding was failing) and many you don’t (in my case, new neighbors with a new WiFi router stomping on my signal). I’d take a look at that FAQ and see what potential solutions you could try. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you refer to the wifi interference FAQ, you’ll note that there are many external sources of WiFi interference, some that you can have control over (in my case, a microwave whose shielding was failing) and many you don’t (in my case, new neighbors with a new WiFi router stomping on my signal). I’d take a look at that FAQ and see what potential solutions you could try. 

Thanks - I will take a look