Answered

Sonos speakers randomly disconnect

• 27 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Ever since the recent update about 2-3 weeks ago, my five play:1 speakers keep randomly disconnecting.  Usually reseting my wifi works, but I’ll still need to factory reset one or two speakers.  This is both annoying and not viable as i need a 12 foot ladder to reach 2 of the speakers.

I’ve unplugged the speakers, reset wifi, and restarted the speakers.  Ive factory reset every one of them.  the issue persists.  We’ve had them working without an issue for 2 years until this recent update.   In those 2 years, the speakers have not moved an inch and the wifi has not moved or changed.

I’m beyond fed up with this system now.  This is in a restaurant setting, so when they disconnect my dining room goes silent, which is a huge problem.

Last little weird piece is when the speakers go down, my sonos app and desktop app can see spotify and the speakers but i get an error when they try to connect.  when that happens, i can’t submit a diagnostic.

The most recent successful diagnostic while this problem was happening is 1081829941.

I would REALLY appreciate help, because this is affecting my business now and I can’t keep pulling out my ladder to make my speakers work.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 June 2021, 04:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you wire one of your speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Can you wire one of your speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I can make this happen.

Out of curiosity, whats the logic behind it?  Does that one never disconnect and the rest are “anchored” by it?

Userlevel 7

Wiring one speaker to the router creates SonosNet, a mesh network that only your Sonos speakers will connect to that can give you more reliable network performance from all of your speakers.

If you still experience problems with a wired setup, try changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app.

Wiring one speaker to the router creates SonosNet, a mesh network that only your Sonos speakers will connect to that can give you more reliable network performance from all of your speakers.

If you still experience problems with a wired setup, try changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app.

Thank you.  This worked like magic.  I plugged it in, and all the speakers were visible and working within a minute or two.

To all others, give this a shot!

okay nevermind….  it cut out again.  

the music stopped, and it keeps skipping to the next song.

the song info will show up in sonos, it doesnt play, then it skips to the next song, forever….

Userlevel 7

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app?

i have the excact same problem………..

Hi again everyone…

Ive had a lot more success preventing the speakers from all dropping, but now the one speaker i have hardwired is not showing up in the system.  

Unplug your speaker from power. While it’s unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your speaker. 

Does it show up? If so, it’s likely a duplicate IP address issue which you’ve now resolved. If it doesn’t, and the speaker is wired to the router with an ethernet cable, it could be a bad port at either end, a bad ethernet cable, or a bad Sonos device. If it’s the last, you should call Sonos directly.