Answered

Sonos Speakers log out after router change

• 26 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have recently changed my router and since then my two ONE SLs constantly log out. I have spoken to several Sonos agents and none can fix the issue, one even remotely logged into my router and still nothing, all they did was disconnect my Wi-Fi. I have tried everything, please someone help 

icon

Best answer by ratty 29 August 2022, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

After changing a router you must reboot EVERYTHING on your network.

I’m not sure what you mean by “constantly log out”.

What model router are you using? Describe your SONOS system. What is wired? Wireless? Are you using any WiFi mesh points or extenders? What else is on your network?

Hello Buzz,

My router is Technocolor, we changer service provider about a week ago and since then the app loses connection all time. no extenders though not sure what mesh points are? Spoken to at least 10 Sonos agents and all are totally clueless.

That make of router has a number of incompatibilities listed: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/41

Userlevel 7

Hello Buzz,

My router is Technocolor, we changer service provider about a week ago and since then the app loses connection all time. no extenders though not sure what mesh points are? Spoken to at least 10 Sonos agents and all are totally clueless.

Do you know the exact model of your router?

Various Technicolor models are listed under Incompatible network hardware

Hello Buzz,

Might the router have DHCP switched off, or WiFi band isolation enabled?
Also, have you given the Sonos App/System permission to access the new local network via your controller device settings?  I’ve seen those things mentioned in other posts online.

i would perhaps quickly look through the routers configuration pages using a web browser to check its settings and also check your controller device App permissions too?

Fixed, I changed my router setting to 802.11b/g…...it was set by default by my internet provider to 802.11b/gn, something so small was causing havoc with my system and driving me crazy to a point where I was taking the speakers back to the shop and asking for a refund. All sorted now so thanks everyone for your assistance.

Fixed, I changed my router setting to 802.11b/g…...it was set by default by my internet provider to 802.11b/gn, 

It shouldn’t have made any difference. In fact if anything going from b/g/n to b/g should reduce its compatibility. It sounds like some dodgy router software. 

You will now have pretty indifferent speeds for any other WiFi devices using the 2.4GHz band. Hopefully you can push most of them onto 5GHz.