Sonos Speakers keep cutting out

• 26 February 2018
  • 2 replies

This has been an on going problem I have had- I have Sonos speakers in my home as well as my studio and both locations keep me problems. It seems like the Sonos just cuts out and sometimes I can't get it back up playing regardless of what trouble shooting measures I take. It is not a Wifi issue or interference. I am sadly losing faith in this product and am considering purchasing speakers that are more reliable. I have lost confidence in this product

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you're convinced it's neither a wifi interference issue, or signal strength, then it's likely to be a problem with duplicate IP addresses, which tends to be exposed with Sonos' updates of their software. Not caused, just exposed.

I'd recommend that you look in to assigning reserved IP addresses for all of your Sonos equipment in your router's IP address table.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello JKNYC1982, We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.