Question

Sonos Speakers Dropping from Network

Randomly, speakers on my network do not show up in the controller. The connectivity seems to be great according to my UniFi controller and we even added another AP to our network. Recently, one of the speakers that we've not had problems with before dropped from the network. I sent a diagnostic (7205281). In order to bring it back online, I simply power cycled the device (as i have done with the others in the past). A few moments later the speaker appeared within the controller. I sent another diagnostic (7205296) to show a "before and after". Sonos support folks... any guidance from what you can see?

Cheers,
Emac87

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Sounds like it could be ip address issues. I would go into router and assign each speaker a static ip address at the top of the allowable range for your router. Once done turn them all off (and all other network devices you can). Reboot router. Then reboot sonos units and everything else.
Hi Chris - we've already done that. I created static reservations within our system to ensure that they always have the same IP. Is it possible to connect to the individual Sonos speaker and assign an IP?

Guidance from support based on the diagnostics would be great.

As an aside, Is there anyway to get access to the diagnostic details to review myself?
bump?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
emac87 wrote:

Hi Chris - we've already done that. I created static reservations within our system to ensure that they always have the same IP. Is it possible to connect to the individual Sonos speaker and assign an IP?

Guidance from support based on the diagnostics would be great.

As an aside, Is there anyway to get access to the diagnostic details to review myself?

Hi emac87,

It looks like you have a few wireless access points with the same wireless name but with different wireless channels. This can cause issues when your Sonos speakers connect to one network or another and are then on different wireless channels. Please set all of your access points to the same wireless channel and see if things improve.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)