Sonos speakers drop off my internet and can't be found when I try the re-connect via the app

• 5 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have recently been having problems with my full sonos system being unseen on my app and I cant reconnect. I have tried re-installing the app, switching on and off the internet router (which did re-engage my system for a short while, ½ day) and switching the sonos units on / off.

Anyone any ideas what is wrong??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There are two distinct possibilities that come to mind. First is some sort of wifi interference , which could come from inside your network and home, or from outside. Lots of potential solutions in that FAQ.

The second, albeit less likely,  problem could be duplicate IP addresses, which could be cleared if you were to make sure all Sonos devices were unplugged while you rebooted the router. Only once the router comes back up should you plug the Sonos devices back in. 

However, there are other, much smaller potential issues which could be happening, after all, we are talking about network computers. If the above solutions don’t rectify the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.