Answered

Sonos speakers disappearing in Spotify

• 20 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’m struggling with this problem from over a year and hope I can get it resolved. 

This is my setup:

5 sonos Play:1 speakers in different rooms

2 sones Play:1 speakers in surround mode

1 Playbar in surround mode with the two Play:1 above

1 Boost

The Boost is hardwired to the Network and I am using SonosNet on Channel 11. All the other speakers are wireless. 

Previously, I didn’t have a boost but I hoped the purchasing a Boost would solve the issue. I have reconfigured the whole setup from scratch. Uninstalled and removed all the apps from my iPhone and iPads, unlinked the accounts and reconnected everything.  

What is the problem? All the speakers are visible and working correctly in the Sonos S2 app. 

However, after a while, the Sonos speakers are disappearing from the Spotify app. Up until the situation that all speakers are gone and I’m no longer able to play music from Spotify on my Sonos system. 

For now, the only resolution is to power cycle all the speakers, reboot the network and after a while they normally appear. However, within an number of days, they start disappearing again. The problem is that the speakers are fixed on the wall with continues power, so I basically need to shutdown the  power in the whole house to resolve this temporaly. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 January 2021, 11:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Bassio,
Some users have suggested the following to fix the issue, so perhaps see if it may work for you:

• Goto the Spotify Account online and ‘sign out’ everywhere.
  • Set the local (mobile) device with the Spotify App to use the 2.4Ghz WiFi Network. Ensure the connection is to the main router only and not any other hub or WiFi access point.
  • Sign back into both the Spotify App and reauthorise the Spotify Service in the Sonos App (if necessary) and give the App approx. 5 minutes, or so, to scan and update devices and see if they all reappear in the Spotify Connect list. 

If problems persist also try a reboot of the router.

Hope that helps to fix the issue for you.

Hi @Ken_Griffiths , I will perform the steps and report back!

@Ken_Griffiths , I have followed all the steps, but I still only see the speakers I have previously gave a power cycle. The other ones are just not showing up in Spotify.

I have submitted diagnostics under number 439789622

I just power cycled another speaker and that speaker is now also visible. So giving the speakers a power cycle helps for a short period. But I know the speakers will disappear after a while. I also have submitted another support diagnostics after the power cycle under number 1412730586. Maybe a difference can be spotted. 

It would help if we could power cycle the speakers via software, but as far as I know that is not possible

@Ken_Griffiths , I have followed all the steps, but I still only see the speakers I have previously gave a power cycle. The other ones are just not showing up in Spotify.

I have submitted diagnostics under number 439789622

I just power cycled another speaker and that speaker is now also visible. So giving the speakers a power cycle helps for a short period. But I know the speakers will disappear after a while. I also have submitted another support diagnostics after the power cycle under number 1412730586. Maybe a difference can be spotted. 

It would help if we could power cycle the speakers via software, but as far as I know that is not possible

I would perhaps contact/chat to Sonos Support via this LINK to see if they can assist with this one. I’m thinking it’s network/router related, but perhaps see what they can suggest to resolve it.

Badge

SONOS COULD YOU FIX THE SPOTIFY ISSUE?