Sonos speaker volume increases randomly during song and songs will start from the beginning after midway. Is there a fix?

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Sonos speaker volume increases randomly during song and songs will start from the beginning after midway. It seems to only do it on our Pandora account. SiriusXM and Spotify accounts don’t encounter this issue. We use many Ones (Gen 2) that are all connected to ethernet. Does anyone know what the issue might be? I sent diagnostics with conformation # 1663762162.

Thanks,

-Brandon 

2 replies

Volume on TV arrangement with sub, playbar, and two ones are haphazardly expanding the volume when playing music. Has not occurred when staring at the TV. Irregular volume increment is arbitrary, however when it happens a melody is playing and the volume will bounce up. It will regularly hop up again to the point it is very noisy. more information visit: a few of our recent reports

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Muth, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sending that diagnostic over - I’m seeing quite a lot of interference around the Quality Inspection speaker, which may be causing issue. Would it be possible to temporarily disable the WiFi on that speaker and check if there’s any improvement?

If not, then I’d recommend a full network reboot (Modem, Router, Switches, Sonos), as well as to remove and then re-add the Pandora account.

Let us know if this helps at all :)

Hi @Muth, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sending that diagnostic over - I’m seeing quite a lot of interference around the Quality Inspection speaker, which may be causing issue. Would it be possible to temporarily disable the WiFi on that speaker and check if there’s any improvement?

If not, then I’d recommend a full network reboot (Modem, Router, Switches, Sonos), as well as to remove and then re-add the Pandora account.

Let us know if this helps at all :)

Hi Xander,

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll give these a try and post an update. So far, I did a factory reset for 1 speaker and it seemed to fix the issue...for now, lol. I’ll let it go for another day in the office and see if anyone complains again. 

Thank you,

-Brandon