Question

Sonos Speaker not showing up on Spotify Connect iOS13

• 21 September 2019
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 1
Updated my iPhone last night to iOS 13 and since then my Sonos Speaker dont show up on Spotify as a speaker in Spotify connect
I'm able to connect to Sonos Speaker using Airwatch on Spotify and it able to Play Music
Also using the Sonos App im able to play spotify music
I also have a Amason Echo and it show up as to spotify connect Speaker and it play music no problem
Using the Spotify on app on my MacBook the Sonos Speaker shows up as a Spotify Connect Speaker and is able to play music
Issue only happen on my iPhone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

The same happens to me.

iPad with iOS 12.4 shows my two play5
iPhone with iOS 13 does not show anything except “ More devices”

Fix it!

thanks.
The same happens to me.

iPad with iOS 12.4 shows my two play5
iPhone with iOS 13 does not show anything except “ More devices”

Fix it!

thanks.

By the way my diagnosis is: 409318232
thanks.
What I have found is, if I start the streaming on the iPad, then on the iPhone the Spotify connect appears.

Maybe is a Spotify’s bug.
I’m having the same issue. I tried deleting the Spotify app, rebooting my Sonos speakers, disconnecting and reconnecting from WiFi, deleting and readding the service in the Sonos app. Nothing has worked. Since my upgrade to ios13 none of my Sonos speakers are selectable as devices within the Spotify app. I’m posting on the Apple and Spotify community pages too.
I have the same problem. My Sonos speakers don’t show up in Spotify Connect. If I select “More Devices” I can select them via AirPlay. I have tried logging out of both Sonos and Spotify, uninstalled Spotify, unregistered music services, reset my router. No change. However, my wife’s phone shows all speakers in Spotify connect. We have a premium Spotify family account so have different logins. Only happened since the latest iOS update. Sonos app seems to function as expected.
I’d be contacting Spotify, as this is an issue in their software, and not the Sonos software.
Yeah, I did. I mentioned that in my reply. Just covering all the bases since it’s an issue impacting Sonos too. If anyone in the Sonos Community has the same issue, this is the place it will likely be discussed.
Yep, just trying to suggest that others do the same as you did, rather than just posting here. The more people that contact them would likely increase the speed of getting a fix. If it’s only you, they would like assume it’s just a problem with your system, and not widespread.
Hi, same here, since iOS 13 and the new version of Spotify on iOS.
I'm facing the exact same issue 😞 Glad to know it's not just me, saves me from performing further useless troubleshooting.
Please, share here the link of this issue on Spotify‘s site.

Thanks.
I have same issue since the update to IOs13. I am using Napster but the sonos app is Not able to Connect to my speakers anymore and just searching for the speakers 🤦‍♂️
the issue shoudnt be for the spotify i guess ore napster, its a issue with IOS13 and sonos which doesnt play together is my guess
I‘m having the same issues. My girlfriend left her phone on iOS 12 and the devices are showing up. They‘re also showing up on my iOS 12 iPad, but not on my iOS 13 phone. If somebody shares the link to the Spotify community post I‘ll comment there as well in hope for a quick fix.
I just realised it doesnt show up on girlfriend samsung eather, maby i have some other issues but it did work yesterday 😏
The exact same problem,My iPad finds them fine, I see no sonos staff have said anything, they seem to be ignoring the problem
If it is indeed a problem in the Spotify software, what is it you expect the Sonos staff to state? How much knowledge do you expect Sonos to have when all they did is write an API, which was implemented in someone else's software, and it's that software that's broken with the release of a new OS, since it's still working on other people's clients? Sonos did not write the Spotify client. I wouldn't expect them to have access to the source code, in order to look in to why Spotify's code is broken with iOS 13.

For what it is worth, Sonos' own controller software works absolutely fine with iOS 13.

And do you expect them to be here on the weekends?
If it is indeed a problem in the Spotify software, what is it you expect the Sonos staff to state? How much knowledge do you expect Sonos to have when all they did is write an API, which was implemented in someone else's software, and it's that software that's broken with the release of a new OS, since it's still working on other people's clients? Sonos did not write the Spotify client. I wouldn't expect them to have access to the source code, in order to look in to why Spotify's code is broken with iOS 13.

For what it is worth, Sonos' own controller software works absolutely fine with iOS 13.

And do you expect them to be here on the weekends?

thanks man! You are our bright spot here.
I recognize the sarcasm here, but am interested to know if anyone has heard back from Spotify on this issue.
I just realised it doesnt show up on girlfriend samsung eather, maby i have some other issues but it did work yesterday 😏
It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with this thread.
I'm having the same issue with Spotify/SONOS on all of my IOS13 devices. This issue, it seems, has existed throughout all of the different IOS beta's as various users have reported. All of the previous responses have been "It's beta, try again if it persists after the full release." It's persisting after full release. Reinstalling Spotify only corrects the issue temporarily. Any of the three vendors involved could be the culprit. As more people update, more will face the issue. Hopefully SONOS has at least identified the pattern from bug reports and posts on here. Might be out of their hands to correct but acknowledging the problem exists and they they are working with Spotify and Apple on a resolution would be pretty cool.

Before the troll's start... I own 14 SONOS components and would consider myself an "advanced" user if forced to compare to non-nerd sonos fans. I use sonos as my home theater and I've set up a pretty sweet Vinyl to SONOS rig. That being said my family primarily uses SONOS to listen to Spotify. Spotify compatibility and ease of use may not be at the top of the list for all SONOS customers but I think its fair to say it is to most. For years its worked seamlessly, selecting various rooms and groups perfectly from within the Spotify app. If a more complex change was needed Spotify opens up SONOS right to where you need to make your edit. It was great. Now its broken. People just want to hear that the company many of us support with loyalty and tens of thousands of dollars (at least weirdos like me do)... cares that the way they have always enjoyed SONOS is currently broken.

Regardless who's fault it is... SONOS should be concerned that the user experience is going to be be destroyed for anyone that upgrades to IOS13.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on an issue in the Spotify app on iOS 13 that's preventing some Sonos devices from showing up. It's a specific circumstance that can prevent devices from showing up, something that turning on Airplane mode could fix temporarily. However, Spotify is working on making changes to their app now but we don't have a specific timeline.
Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on an issue in the Spotify app on iOS 13 that's preventing some Sonos devices from showing up. It's a specific circumstance that can prevent devices from showing up, something that turning on Airplane mode could fix temporarily. However, Spotify is working on making changes to their app now but we don't have a specific timeline.

thank you!
I have the same issue.
i can only stream from the sonos app.
who f.... up apple or sonos. Apple 😜
at first i was thinking that there was something wrong with my network almost did a complete system reset.
Ios version 13.1
please fix this asap
As indicated in Ryan's post above, the issue is with Spotify, not Sonos or Apple.