Sonos speaker loudness reduced since last update

• 23 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Not sure if there is a connection but ever since I installed a Sonos update in the last week the volume on all my speakers suddenly seems to be reduced for the levels at which I typically have them set. The solution of course is easy...just turn them up. But I was wondering what happened. My room setup isn't complicated, and the way Sonos speakers project in the past I haven't had to turn up the volume more than 1/4 - 1/3 of the way to get good listening volume. With the change I've noticed I now have to have all my speakers set with the volume at 50% to hear what I feel is the same level. Anyone else experienced this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would still submit a diagnostic and ask Support to take a look, quoting the number.
It does seem to be that every unit is affected the same way. I agree that it seems illogical that an update would cause this. But it was so noticeable that I thought I'd just ask the question. The fact that the solution is easy one time adjustment (just turn up the volume) makes this kind of a non-issue if no one else is seeing it. Thanks.
Not at my place, and an update should never cause this to happen. Are you seeing this in every unit? When played individually?