Answered

sonos sometimes not playing tv audio

Does anyone have the occasional problem when you turn on your tv like normal and there will be no sound from the soundbar?

Restarting tv fixes the issue 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 August 2021, 18:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Update the software running your TV?

Sonos will play the source when it is sent to it.  Based on your post, it seems like the TV isn’t always sending a signal to whichever Sonos device you have connected, via some unknown type of connection. 

It could perhaps be one of your other devices connected to one of the TV HDMI ports is trying to steal away the ‘focus’ from the Sonos Soundbar, but that’s assuming it too, is connected over HDMI?

Try removing the ‘other’ TV connected devices for a while and see if the issue goes away. 

If the problem stops, then begin to cable back each removed device and if one then causes the problem to return, switch off HDMI-CEC on that one device, or use a CEC-Less adapter to hopefully stop it from stealing away the focus.

It could perhaps be one of your other devices connected to one of the TV HDMI ports is trying to steal away the ‘focus’ from the Sonos Soundbar, but that’s assuming it too, is connected over HDMI?

Try removing the ‘other’ TV connected devices for a while and see if the issue goes away. 

If the problem stops, then begin to cable back each removed device and if one then causes the problem to return, switch off HDMI-CEC on that one device, or use a CEC-Less adapter to hopefully stop it from stealing away the focus.

Hi I will look into that, currently it is the only thing plugged in.

Hi I will look into that, currently it is the only thing plugged in.

If the Soundbar is the only thing connected, then it can’t be the issue I suggested. You may want to look at Bruce’s suggestion above instead, and perhaps check the TV manufacturers website for any firmware updates.

I have the LG CX 65 and it's up to date and automatically updates. Well if the tv is the problem good thing I have the 5 year geek squad warranty.

Do you have a Sonos Arc, Beam, or Playbar?

I have the arc soundbar SL and two Sonos one SL sorrounds both from Costco. I have the tv wall mount/soundbar combo mount and it is pretty awesome.

I have the arc soundbar SL and two Sonos one SL sorrounds both from Costco. I have the tv wall mount/soundbar combo mount and it is pretty awesome.

One solution to the problem is to get an HD Fury Arcana.  What this essentially does is bypass any reliance on your TV to process the audio signal from your sources.  Your TV should be good, being eARC capable, but it seems a lot of TVs look at this as a secondary feature, since people are buying TVs for video quality primarily.

The only other suggestion I could make is just mirroring what Bruce said.  Look for TV firmware updates and check the TV’s audio settings.

Brice?

:)

My bad.  Fixed.

Chat support is having me test using a different HDMI cable. Would a fiber optic HDMI cable improve any audio quality? Also higher rated like the new 8k compatible cable?

Hello guys, just an update. It was the stock HDMI cable. 🧐