Answered

Sonos skips songs

Hi,

I’ve been using Sonos for a few years now and have I’ve been happy so far. I have 1 Play:5, 1 One, 1 Beam and 3 Symfonisk speakers. I play Spotify music daily on almost all speakers which usually works fine. But recently songs are sometimes (not always) being skipped (when the song isn’t finished yet) for no reason.

I tried changing the Wifi channel from 6 to 11, but that didn’t change anything.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Niek

icon

Best answer by David C 26 May 2020, 00:39

Hello @earthmaker and Welcome to the Sonos Community.

Thank you for providing us with the diagnostic. I see that your Sonos system keeps disconnecting from the network which is causing the songs to skip. It also shows that Spotify is having issues connecting as well. It seems like there is wireless interference that is causing these issues. I would like to ask if you can wire a speaker into the router to see if that stops the music from skipping. Make sure that you do not use the surround speakers into the router as that is not supported by Sonos.

View original

3 replies

I sent a dagnostic: 270910676

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @earthmaker and Welcome to the Sonos Community.

Thank you for providing us with the diagnostic. I see that your Sonos system keeps disconnecting from the network which is causing the songs to skip. It also shows that Spotify is having issues connecting as well. It seems like there is wireless interference that is causing these issues. I would like to ask if you can wire a speaker into the router to see if that stops the music from skipping. Make sure that you do not use the surround speakers into the router as that is not supported by Sonos.

Hi David,

I’ve connected my Beam to the router. For now it works fine. I’ll see if it skips songs in the future. If so, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Niek