Answered

Sonos skipping songs randomly

• 28 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello,

Songs keeps skipping songs at random, from both iPhone and Mac library playback.

I've submitted a diagnostic report 794200765.

Can anyone help please?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 1 May 2018, 01:43

Hello there, bridgeybridgford. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. It seems the Patio player is not able to maintain a stable connection to the wireless network. Can you tell us a little more about the local network? Specifically, I am curious what the make and model of the router you are working with along with any other wireless extenders or access points you may have. Additionally, is it possible to test this with the Play:3 wired to the main router? After, please submit another diagnostic report and I will be happy to compare results.

Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, bridgeybridgford. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. It seems the Patio player is not able to maintain a stable connection to the wireless network. Can you tell us a little more about the local network? Specifically, I am curious what the make and model of the router you are working with along with any other wireless extenders or access points you may have. Additionally, is it possible to test this with the Play:3 wired to the main router? After, please submit another diagnostic report and I will be happy to compare results.

Thanks!
I am experiencing the problem, too. For me, it only happens if I leave my iphone unlocked. If my iphone locks, the songs will skip. I have to disable auto-lock to listen to whole songs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am experiencing the problem, too. For me, it only happens if I leave my iphone unlocked. If my iphone locks, the songs will skip. I have to disable auto-lock to listen to whole songs.

Hi there,

It sounds like you're running into an issue we're currently investigating. Please see this post which goes into more detail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi mriehm,

We released version 9.1 today which should help out with issues streaming from iOS devices. Please update your system and test things out. You can read more here.