Answered

Sonos shuts off Logitech Harmony Activity

• 11 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I’ve had an issue that has been bothering me for a bit.  Here’s the scenario:

If I’m listening to music or a podcast on my Sonos Beam without utilizing my Harmony remote and then select the “Watch TV” activity on my Harmony remote to start watching TV the remote will turn on the TV and pull up the right settings but as soon as TV audio starts coming through the Beam it triggers a signal that shuts down the Watch TV activity and then I have to restart everything.

It seems that if my Beam is receiving another audio source other than from the TV and then I press Watch TV this always happens.

The TV Autoplay settings is turned on so I’m not sure what’s causing this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jrgatfh 12 November 2019, 18:08

I figured out the issue.  The Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) settings on my TV were incorrect - “Auto Turn Off” was set to on.  Everytime I switched from an Airplay/Sonos App Audio signal to a TV-based audio signal the TV would send an “Auto Turn Off” signal out and the whole system would shut down until I restarted it.

So happy to have figured this out.  Just wanted to report back in case someone else had the same issue.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi

The Beam if connected via HDMI-ARC is designed to turn TV on/off, mute, switch input via voice command. Any remote programed to the Beam only controls volume which is the case whether the Beam is connected via HDMI-ARC or via the optical adapter.

There is a possibility that the Harmony is sending a signal that is scrambling commands causing the problem you are having. In any event the problem lies with the programming of the Harmony remote and not the Beam. 

I suggest three courses of action.

1. If your TV has an IR remote use it to control the Beam to see if the problem remains, if not you have your answer regarding the Harmony remote as the culprit.
  2. Consult Logitech to see if they have any programming solutions that may be of use.
  3. Maybe someone in the forum may have a programming solution.

Cheers!

Badge

I figured out the issue.  The Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) settings on my TV were incorrect - “Auto Turn Off” was set to on.  Everytime I switched from an Airplay/Sonos App Audio signal to a TV-based audio signal the TV would send an “Auto Turn Off” signal out and the whole system would shut down until I restarted it.

So happy to have figured this out.  Just wanted to report back in case someone else had the same issue.