Answered

Sonos setup keep losing connection

• 8 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I am having issues with my Sonos system and to be honest I have tried everything I can think off. This is my last Hope before I stick it all on eBay.

So I have a Sonos Beam and two Sonos play ones( 2nd gen) in my living room. The two play ones act as surrounds for the beam. However every single day after approx 6 hours, the Sonos system complains it has no internet connection (via google assistant), when it complains the two play ones drop all sound and do nothing. However the beam still works but can’t voice control it. 

The system, is connected wirelessly via a WiFi 6 router, using DHCP and IP address reservation. When the sonos  complains it has no internet connection, I can see in my router the Sonos system is connected and has been given the right IP address. All other devices in my network can access the internet fine. 

in the Sonos app, it tells me that the two play ones (LS + RS) are not configured. The app even tells me the Sonos is connected to the wireless network. 

To get it working I have done multiple things, restart the router, restart the Sonos setup process, plug the beam in via LAN, turn the beam off for a few minutes then back on. While these things work, the fix is only temporary.  

All the devices are running of build 12.2.2

Any ideas what the issue it and how I can fix it for once and for all?

icon

Best answer by nkaminski94 17 January 2021, 05:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mcoliver88.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

It is very important to correctly determine the cause of the problem, as there are many potential causes like wireless interference, gateway issue, source issue, etc. You may see this article that provides steps to resolve the not configured status on rooms with stereo pairs, Subs, or home theater surround setups.  

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs, and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how that goes.

I had this exact same behavior and it seems to be related to incorrect/buggy WiFi power management implementations.

Have you verified that your router is running the latest firmware released by its manufacturer? If so, try disabling the following options if your router supports turning such off:

• Band Steering
  • Airtime Fairness
  • WMM U-APSD
  • WMM power save