Sonos S2 + iOS14 Update. App no working

• 21 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I updated my iPhone to iOS 14 and since doing so, I cannot get the Sonos app 2 to play Spotify playlists. It says cannot add songs to queue. I have 2  Sonos Play: 1 and am using the Sonos 2 app. I've tried turning my phone off, removing the Spotify app and adding it back, and rebooting router, removing the Sonos app. Nothing works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You need to configure the new-to-iOS14 Local Network permission to allow the Sonos app to get to your local network. In theory it should prompt you the first time you run the app after the update, but maybe it didn’t, or maybe you denied it.

None of the iOS 14 fixes suggested have worked.  I have given permission to access local network (it was already turned on, I turned it off and on again), rebooted everything.  Zip.  This is extremely frustrating,

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, if you can, but definitely and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

None of the iOS 14 fixes suggested have worked.  I have given permission to access local network (it was already turned on, I turned it off and on again), rebooted everything.  Zip.  This is extremely frustrating,

I have tried everything on the Sonos website and in App support and cannot get the app to see my Play One. It even tells me my WiFi password is incorrect (of course it’s not).

please help.

Badge

I have had the same problem about not being able to play a playlist because it can't add songs to the queue since downloading iOS 14. Per Sonos help desk I unplugged WiFi, unplugged Sonos, signed out of Spotify and removed app from Sonos, re-added it back and signed in, sent two diagnostics. Nothing has helped and it's very frustrating. Sonos washed their hands of it.

Help!

I am still experiencing this issue. I have Sonos 1 speakers, the iOS 14.2 sonos 2 version12.2.1. I have deleted the sonos2 app 10 times and accepted network compatibility each time. I have rebooted my router, so is speakers and still no pairing. I have rebooted my iPhone each of the times I reinstalled the songs 2 app. Still nothing. I had no problem with sonos1 app which now does not work. It seems from above replies, NO ONE at so is has any answers. This is unacceptable. P,ease reply with a solution to this issue many are having. 

Sonos S2 app for iOS 14 will not update!  

I have found that the Sonos Playbar, Subwoofer (Gen 2) and Sonos One speaker set has provided the absolute best surround sound experience for tv rooms with pitched ceilings in open plan homes.  I have been a very satisfied owner of the products for three years.  HOWEVER, the new Sonos S2 iOS app refuses to update and now the S1 app is not working.

I recently removed all smart products from my home (for privacy issues) and was very pleased to see that Sonos was offering the Sonos One SL without Alexa.  So I sold my Ones on Facebook Marketplace and immediately purchased the One SLs.  

Now that the Sonos S2 app will not update and I am stuck without surround sound as I cannot integrate the SL.

Please help!