Answered

Sonos rooms keep rearranging and TruePlay does not work

• 27 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I have two annoying problems with my Sonos speakers since we have moved house.

Setup:

• Room 1 Living Room: Sonos Beam + Sub + 2 One (5.1 setup)
  • Room 2: Kitchen: Sonos 

They all work via WiFi and are directly connected to my router (so no Sonos AMP).

Problem 1: TruePlay

I used TruePlay in my former home and because we moved house I needed to setup TruePlay again for my Living Room 5.1 setup. I first disabled TruePlay and then tried to setup TruePlay again. The procedure goes fine until I try to finalize the setup and then I get an error and am unable to complete the procedure due to an error. 

I have tried resetting all Sonos speakers, reset my Router, changed the WiFi SSID, tried disconnecting Bluetooth devices from my iPhone, tried another iPhone. But nothing seems to work to get TruePlay working again.

Any idea how I can solve this problem?

Problem 2: Rooms keep re-arranging and 5.1 keeps disconnecting

Since a week every day my speakers keep getting a new room assigned. So I have two rooms and the 5.1 speakers are connected.

But every night the speakers are getting mixed up. My sub is being unassigned to a room, one of the Sonos One speakers of the living room is moved to a room called ‘’living room 2’’ and only the Beam and one of the Sonos One speakers is still in ‘’living room’’. I manually have to add the Sub and the Sonos One speakers one to the Beam setup EVERY DAY.

I found that a lot of people have issues with Apple HomeKit mixing up the rooms. I have checked my Apple Home app and my Sonos Speakers are not connected there and when trying to add them they do not show up in the Apple HomeKit app and I am unable to add the speakers to Apple Home (but playing via AirPlay works fine). The room names in the Home app look normal. The rooms in my Google Home App are also normal (Living Room 2 does not exist in both apps). 

I am getting crazy of having to reorder and fix my speaker setup every day and am clueless how to fix this problem. What could be the issue here?

Any idea how I can solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by Teaumas 4 November 2021, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi.  The Trueplay thing may be caused by network communication errors.  Best thing would be to run a system diagnostic immediately after a failure and call Sonos with the confirmation number.

Sonos speakers do not rename themselves. This ALWAYS turns out to be Homekit. It will be on some device you have forgotten about, or something like that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Teaumas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s possible that the Sonos One and Sub are having trouble connecting to the Beam (they don’t connect to the router) - I recommend you first make sure that you haven’t turned off WiFi on the Beam (only possible if it’s wired to ethernet) and if that’s not the case, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @Corry P ! 

I will first try to reset my Beam and see if that might solve the problem. It is not wired and works via WiFi thought. If that does not work I will reach out to tech support. 

@John B I have never used the Home app to connect my Sonos speakers and I have recently done a reset of all Sonos speakers. So if they were connected to a Apple Home account this should have been removed after the reset. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Teaumas 

Resetting a device is almost never the answer - we don’t recommend doing so unless advised to by technical support.

I recommend you try to reduce WiFi interference near the Beam and/or surrounds.

I hope this helps.

Unplugging and replugging all Sonos speakers and resetting the Wi-Fi Modem/Router seems to have solved the problem. For two days the 5.1 speakers have not re-arranged. Hopefully the problem stays away for now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Teaumas 

That’s good to hear - thanks for updating the thread!