Answered

Sonos Roam Wireless Charger is not working

Badge +1

If I charge my Roam directly with the USB cable it’s ok, but I’m using the wireless charger, there is just an orange blink and then the Roam does not increase the charge.

Any ideas?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 June 2022, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you placing the smooth, magnetized side of the Roam on the charger?

You can try rebooting the Roam before you place it on the charger by following these steps:

1. Disconnect the Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of the Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of the Roam to turn it back on.
  5. Place the Roam on the charger.

FYI… when using the charger, the Roam will charge from 0% to 50% in about two hours.

Badge +1

It doesn’t work… :-(

@Marione,
The Roams amber battery LED will illuminate and fade out when the Qi charging begins - you can then goto this address via a web browser…

http://(IP address of Roam):1400/status/batterystatus

…and check if it’s charging/see the charge level.

Check it again after 30 minutes, without playing the device, to see if the battery level is increasing.

Badge +1

The Roam is on wireless charger, but it seems the latest is not properly working.

Health GREEN
Level 88
Temperature HOT
PowerSource BATTERY

@Marione,

First try powering off the charger for a couple of minutes and then try charging the Roam again, if no luck then try a power-reset of the Roam as follows…

With the Roam off its charger, press the rear power button for 20+ seconds you will hear the power off tones but keep the button pressed until you see the status light appear .. don’t let go until you see that LED show and then let the Roam settle and connect back to the network and then try charging it.

Badge +1

@Marione,

With the Roam off its charger, press the rear power button for 20+ seconds you will hear the power off tones but keep the button pressed until you see the status light appear .. don’t let go until you see that LED show and then let the Roam settle and connect back to the network and then try charging it.

Done, but now the Roam is dead. I can’t switch on, no led, nothing. From App, the Roam is offline with a wrench icon.

@Marione,

Done, but now the Roam is dead. I can’t switch on, no led, nothing. From App, the Roam is offline with a wrench icon.

Maybe the battery has fully discharged - if the status LED is showing, power off the speaker and then give it 10 seconds or so. Then place it on it’s charger and see if it comes back to life - it may be quicker to begin charging via USB, but once it’s working, go onto try it on your Qi charger again.

Badge +1

Tried, but no LED status is showing, it seems the Roam is totally dead.

Tried, but no LED status is showing, it seems the Roam is totally dead.

It’s not clear if it’s your speaker, or charger, which is at fault in this instance. Do you perhaps have another 5v x 2-3A (10-15w power output) charger you can try? 

If not, you are perhaps best to speak direct with Sonos Support Staff, you can contact them via this LINK

Badge +1

I’ve tried the iPad charger, but no way. I’m in touching with Sonos Official Distributor in Italy to send back Roam and Wireless Charger for inspection, Roam is still under warranty.

As an owner of small Sonos ecosystem, I’m a little bit disappointed about that.

🙄

I’ve tried the iPad charger, but no way. I’m in touching with Sonos Official Distributor in Italy to send back Roam and Wireless Charger for inspection, Roam is still under warranty.

As an owner of small Sonos ecosystem, I’m a little bit disappointed about that.

🙄

Sometimes the iOS chargers are only 5v x1A (5w) power-output, which is not sufficient to charge the Roam, so maybe just check its power output, but ‘yes’ your Sonos charger should work. If you check the iPad charger power-output, as it may perhaps save you having to RMA the Roam and only have to replace the charger.