Answered

Sonos Roam unworkable or usable just frustrating

• 25 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Been trying to us new Sonos roam for a couple of days now and it is just so frustrating.

I have the same issues as may others already listed on here.

Sound plays for a short time then stops, when looking at app it says everything still playing.

Have tried support who suggest I reboot my router.

Not sure how this can help as the issue happens on both Wi-Fi and bluetooth.  Had no issues with rest of my Sonos speakers.

I’ve submitted another diagnostic 850834206.  This was during the issue, not sure what difference it will make as support said my last diagnostic was fine.

What I can’t understand is that this is obviously a common and known issue since launch by the looks of this forum, yet there is no answer.  I’m not sure how this has not been mentioned in the many reviews I read prior to purchase.

Looks like this may have to be a return as there doesn’t seem to be any answers here.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 October 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John5573 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please get back in touch with our technical support team - I’ve added a note to your existing case for the Roam to be replaced due to hardware errors.

Although there are a few reports of this here, I assure you it’s rare - people don’t often come on here to say everything is working without issue. It would be nice if they did. :grinning:

Hello,

Thankyou for your assistance, I’ve been back on to technical support and they think it is a hardware issue and are going to replace my roam, so hopefully all will be good when replacement arrives. 
mince again Thankyou 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John5573 

That’s good to hear! You are very welcome!

Mince again to you too :grin:

Corry P,

I just received my replacement Roam yesterday. 
I have to admit now I have a fully working unit I am very impressed. Great little speaker. 
Thank you for your assistance. 
cheers

Hi 

Hope you are well

Thank you for posting this, as I have exactly the same issue

Will look into contacting the Tech team

KR
S