Answered

Sonos Roam keeps turning itself on

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a beam and 2 sonos 1’s linked together in my apartment. I bought the roam for trips and the beach etc. and just want it in my closet when I’m not using it. Problem is whenever I tell my Sonos Beam to play music on my devices it automatically turns on my roam. This is real annoying. Any thoughts or solutions to this? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2021, 00:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You are putting the Roam to sleep rather than powering it off completely. Hold down the button on the back for 5 seconds until you hear a chime to shut off the Roam completely.

Yup, that turned it off. Thanks!  I’m exploring putting it in my bathroom. Is it an easy transition to turn it completely off, leave it there then in the AM when All my other speakers are already on playing music and I get in the shower I can turn it on and it picks up the music??? Does that make sense? 

Userlevel 7

It’s easy. Just press the button on the back of Roam to power it on, wait until the LED light turns solid white so it is connected to your WiFi, and press and hold the play button to group the Roam with the other speakers that are currently playing.