Sonos Roam constantly skipping when connected via Bluetooth to M1 MacBook Pro

Userlevel 1

Has anybody else tried their Roam with an M1 Mac via Bluetooth? Mine just constantly skips and is quite annoying. Works flawlessly when streaming via Bluetooth from my iPhone or iPad but something is going on with the M1 Mac/Roam combo. 

Diagnostic Confirmation #: 673498138

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Try one of these solutions: 

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/18/how-to-fix-mac-bluetooth-issues/amp/

Userlevel 1

I’ve already tried all that. It’s not the Mac, it’s the Roam because it works flawlessly with my Sonos Move. 

Userlevel 1

Just got off the phone with Sonos customer service… because they put me on hold to review my diagnostics and then hung up on me. 

Called back and after 1.5 hours and being put on hold for the 3 more times, that line was also disconnected. No call backs either. Glad they ask for my phone number at the beginning of the calls…

I am having the same isse with my Roam and a connected Macbook.

Always bluetooth sound drop outs (Macbook Pro 16”/ Big Sur - Macbook Air/ Catalina) that do NOT HAPPEN when connecting these Macbooks to a Sonos Move.

With other devices (iphone/ ipad) the Roam plays flawless, but not at all with the Macbooks.

I ran bluetooth explorer on the macbook pro but everything seemed to look fine, as far as I can tell. Really strange….

Experiencing the same issue here with my Sonos Roam. It’s really annoying. 

Hi, I’ve fixed my issue. Turns out I have too many bluetooth devices connected to my Mac. I had my MX Keys as well as MX Master 3 connected to my Mac on top of my Sonos Roam, which caused the bluetooth dropouts. Since my Logitech devices came with a usb dongle, I used those instead of bluetooth and the issue seems to have disappeared. 

Hope that helps.

OK, I have observed the same. To my MB I have the keyboard and trackpad connected via BT same time as the Roam. So when I disconnect them and only have the Roam as singel BT connection to the MB then the Roam doesn’t have any drop outs while playing. As soon as I connect the Keybaoard and Trackpad again, the drop outs return.

Strange thing is that this does not happen in the same constellation with the Move. Kind of annoying….

Same problem here - M1 Mac Mini. It connects via Bluetooth without problems to the Sonos Move, but not the Sonos Roam. Very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas whether this is due to the Mac or the Roam?

I am also having this problem with dropouts when connecting the Roam to the Macbook Pro. Aside from the Roam, I only have a keyboard and mouse connected to the laptop via bluetooth. Very annoying

I have the same problem. 

after following the other bluetooth device interferrence hunch from this post boiled it down to my mac mouse bluetooth that was interfearing. Now I’m useing a different mouse I don’t have a problem. Still using mac keyboard, and a delux mouse on BT. 

Hope that helps :-)