Answered

Sonos Roam Bluetooth Issue

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I cannot use Bluetooth without connecting via WiFi and the app.

For instance I go to Spotify, It doesn't appear in usable speakers, it only shows up in Spotify when I open the Sonos app, which obviously only works with WiFi and select a song to play.

I can search for it via my Bluetooth connection on my phone (android) and it's listed as the Bluetooth address, not the name. If I select it from the list I just get a message saying an app is required to use it.

It has only worked once and is now unusable as a portable speaker, what on earth is going wrong.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 August 2022, 20:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Fantastic, this worked a treat.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7

In your phone’s Bluetooth settings, select the Roam and forget the device. Then reboot your phone and reboot the Roam by following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Then follow the instructions in this article to pair the Roam with the phone again:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4989