Answered

Sonos repeats Spotify tracks tracks on its own

I'm having an issue where SONOS repeats a track. Even though its displaying the proper song on the controller it plays the previous track again. It does this with spotify, I submitted a diagnostic. .7638913.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 31 August 2017, 17:16

Hi everyone,

We have a patch which may help with Spotify repeating tracks. Please send in a new diagnostic report from your systems if you are still having this issue. Then, reply here with your confirmation number and I'll apply the patch.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

195 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We have a patch which may help with Spotify repeating tracks. Please send in a new diagnostic report from your systems if you are still having this issue. Then, reply here with your confirmation number and I'll apply the patch.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey All, our apologies for the delay in getting a response to this thread.

TolyCorp – A review of the diagnostic shows there is communication errors taking place between the players and router. At the time of the diagnostic, the channel for the routers was broadcasting on channel 8, which means it’s getting interference from adjacent channels. Change the router to channel 11 and let us know if that helps.

Pihl123456 – I saw that you made contact with our phone support. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Andreapasotti – Give your router and system a reboot and then test playback from Spotify again. There’s some interference around the system, but we’ll want to take a look at another diagnostic before requesting any adjustments be made. Can you please submit another one and post the number here?

Danyuljohnson – Can you also give the network and system at your location a reboot to see if that helps. When replying please include an additional diagnostic.

Kampfwagen – I saw in another thread you made contact via Twitter. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MSichlau – When pulling your diagnostic I am seeing an error that indicates that information isn’t fully being passed between the router and your players. Please reboot your router and players and then test playback once again. If you’re still having troubles, submit another diagnostic and then post it here for our review.
Badge
Please stop telling the customers that it is a wifi issue. This is bsht! It is a Spotify-Sonos issue and nothing else! It is a bug. Nothing else! Otherwise Apple Music, Prime and other services would not work either in the Same wifi setting. But they do! Sonos and Spotify: just fix this bug!
Thank you, Smilja, for digging up all of those references to this issue for the OP.
Hopefully this will be convincing at last. 🙂
No Sonos conspiracy against their customer base, then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff S, please send me the fix. My system repeats the same song.

Diagnostic nr: 7885162

Hi everyone,

Hi rickispotify,

Please try updating your system and then test out Spotify.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Cyaniol and Jones_ex, I've applied a patch to your systems that should help. You should see an update for your system, please run that, and then let us know if you're still having playback problems.

seandmcmillan before applying the patch to your system, I want to do a little troubleshooting as the symptoms seem to be slightly different. From the diagnostic, I can see that your PLAY:1s are communicating to the SUB over SonosNet. Can you change the channel your system is operating on from channel 1 to 11? By chance is one of the PLAY:1s close enough to the router that it can be wired as test vs the SUB?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for your patience while we continue to gather more information. I've partnered with some of the Senior Technicians on this and we will need to build tickets for each of you experiencing this issue. Please send me a PM with your name, contact phone number and a diagnostic confirmation number. I will create a ticket and the Senior Technicians will be following up with you afterward.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Good news, everyone!

The team has developed a patch that should address the Spotify Repeating Tracks issue. If you are experiencing this, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. We will then flag your account for the update. Once you've been flagged for the update, check for updates on your Sonos Controller and apply the update. Afterwards, test Spotify playback and let us your results.

Anyone who has PM'd me directly should be flagged for the update.

Thank you all for your patience.
Keith,

Any chance of starting a fresh thread, with a more descriptive title, since this one doesn't actually say "spotify" in the title?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Good call out on the title, Bruce. The thread should be specific to just this issue but to address this, I've added Spotify to the title to go along with the Spotify tag. Thanks for looking out.
Thank you, kind sir 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
soendergaardx3 & Pel2: Thanks for the diagnostic reports. Your accounts have been flagged for the patch. Please check for updates and let us know if you continue to have problems with Spotify repeating tracks.
My system is doing the same thing, it repeats the same track, but lists the next song on the queue. If I press the restart icon the 'correct' track starts playing
Our system does it too! It is getting annoying that the same song is playing while the display list the next song that are supposed to be playing.
May I recommend to you two (LBH and Pihl123456) that you do the same thing as TolyCorp, and submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at?
Badge
Same problem here. Sent a system diagnostic with this code: 7645477.
Sonos v. 7.3, build 36441270.

As far as I remember, it's happening since I've installed this release.

Thank You!
Same problem here. Diagnostic number 7648504
So annoying!
I opened a case with sonos support and submitted diagnostic # 7640168. Sonos support provided a 'quick fix update' that has fixed the problem. No repeats for the 25 songs that I have played since loading the update
Badge
I reported the same issue via https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/playback-issues-via-spotify-6789109, seems like opening a support ticket is the way to go, then 🙂
Same here. Diagnostic: 7655411
Badge
Same here. Nice try Sonos Support to locate the source within the users responsibilty range. Just admit that it is a firmware bug. Even if the wifi signal is poor as hell that is no reason for that behaviour of the player. Wifi issues would explain for example random drops while playing music or random Playback stops. But not the issue that one Song repeats over and over while the controller app is displaying totally different information. Makes absolutly no sense exept there is a really really bad and cryptic software design beneeth the surface (it seems so to me). Especially because this issue appears only while using Spotify! I tried Apple Music for hours know and there everything is okay.

I have already discussed this with the support and they repeat telling me that it is wifi issue. Folks, just update the firmware or offer a downgrade to the previous Version to the people how are having troubles sind weeks!
Same here. Nice try Sonos Support to locate the source within the users responsibilty range. Just admit that it is a firmware bug. [...]
No. This may well be a Spotify bug. That weird behavior occurs frequently within the native app, especially when I am listening to 'My Mixtape' (without utilizing Spotify Connect).
Badge
But how do you explain that the bug does not appear with older Sonos firmware? I have never experienced this by listening natively over the spotify app. But I will give it another shot - if the behaviour will not occure within my spotify app the bug will get just more complex Smilja...
But how do you explain that the bug does not appear with older Sonos firmware?
No explanation, I subscribed to Spotify only about 6 weeks ago. A recently emerged bug, maybe? It appears to me that Spotify provides updates to the apps on a weekly schedule.