Answered

Sonos repeats Spotify tracks tracks on its own

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

195 replies

I have same issue. Diagnostic report no. 8193815

Thanks
Sally
I'm having this repeat problem as well. At first it was just when playing Stingray, but today it also happened when playing from and imported playlist from my music library. The confirmation number is 8224245. Thanks!
I am having the same repeat problem, my confirmation number is 8269082. Thanks
I'm having the same problem, again. Please help me.

Diagnostic number: 8310860

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
8370673 is my log submittal. Please send me the patch.
Same problem here. Ran diagnostic report #8466096
Same issue with skipping.

Unfortunately the problem returned 😞 diagnostic no.: 1655990156

Why are you not fixing this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi haddock1 and MPWith,

It's not immediately clear from your diagnostic reports why you're getting playback errors with Spotify. It would be best to work with our phone team to get things sorted out. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours are found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same problem here. Ran diagnostic report #8466096

Hi tgandy,

I'm not seeing any errors in your diagnostic report probably because your speaker was rebooted just before sending. If you're still having audio interruptions, please submit a new report after you hear the drop outs, then reply with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue with skipping.

Hi jesperss,

It looks like your Sonos system is having a hard time connecting to your mobile device to stream music from it. How far away from your router is your mobile device when streaming? Are you having any issues playing audio from other sources, such as online music services?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Unfortunately the problem returned 😞 diagnostic no.: 1655990156

Why are you not fixing this?

Hi skirk1983,

Your Sonos speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network. This is likely due to the strong signals from nearby networks running on the same wireless channel as your own. Please try changing your router's wireless channel from 4 to 11 or 1 and see if things improve. If not, send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take another look.
Hi my wife and I are both having the same issue of stopping and skipping to next track when playing from Spotify. I submitted a diagnostic tonight: 398426721 — any suggestions? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, patrickwfloyd. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am seeing a significant amount of trouble on the system regarding wireless interference. I see you have an eero network system but Sonos is set up wirelessly. If you plug any of your Sonos devices into the network with an Ethernet cable, this will change how data is routed through to Sonos. After, please submit another diagnostic report and I'll be happy to take a look.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks @Keith N - I just plugged ethernet into my Eero and Sonos. So far so good, but only been a few songs. How does the diagnostic 714735192 look to you? Many thanks for your reply!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, patrickwfloyd. Thanks for the update. The last diagnostic report is showing a bit of residual interference. How has the sound been since you've plugged the Office Sonos One into the network?
Thanks again, Keith N. What kind of interference? I am by no means a WiFi expert so any advice would help! The songs dropping has gotten better but seems to still return in waves (currently cutting out and starting back up every few minutes, prompting this response.) Anything you can glean from the diagnostic? Thanks again - Pat
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem, patrickwfloyd. There seems to be a bit of player-to-player interference which stems from Sonos as a whole, was being deauthorized on the network. This means that the router is "kicking" Sonos off, for some reason or another. Usually, I recommend giving our support technicians a call when these problems come up. They can set up a remote session and take a closer look at the settings of the router with you in real time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi all!

This topic was created regarding an issue we had last year regarding repeating tracks in Spotify. This was addressed and fixed in subsequent updates. As such, this topic has been closed.

If you are experiencing similar problems, please create a new topic and submit a diagnostic report. Be sure to include the confirmation number it gives at the end, and give as much detail as possible. The more information the Community has, the better we can help.

Thanks!