Answered

Sonos repeats Spotify tracks tracks on its own

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

195 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
H aslak.helle, fancyp, rietschel, and antatis,

Please update your Sonos systems to apply a patch which should help with Sptify. Then test things out and let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

You should be good to go after updating your Sonos system. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Having the same issue. Diagnostic nbr 7885003
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the same issue. Diagnostic nbr 7885003

Hi Tom,

I've flagged your system for a patch that should help. Please run updates on your Sonos system and let me know if it helps.
Hi Jeff S, please send me the fix. My system repeats the same song.

Diagnostic nr: 7885162

Hi everyone,

We have a patch which may help with Spotify repeating tracks. Please send in a new diagnostic report from your systems if you are still having this issue. Then, reply here with your confirmation number and I'll apply the patch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff S, please send me the fix. My system repeats the same song.

Diagnostic nr: 7885162

Hi everyone,

We have a patch which may help with Spotify repeating tracks. Please send in a new diagnostic report from your systems if you are still having this issue. Then, reply here with your confirmation number and I'll apply the patch.

Hi rickispotify,

Please try updating your system and then test out Spotify.
Same Problem here, Sonos/spotify is repaeting Songs all the Time. What To do in such cases?

Diagnostic number is 7899016
Diagnostic number: 7899720
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Nilpan, Emir, and mertha I've applied a patch to your systems that should resolve the problem with tracks repeating on Spotify. Please run the update and then report back here if you're still having problems.
Hi

I’m experiencing the same problem, diagnostic number 7901677

Thank you for your help!
Hi Andy & Jeff - I just submitted a diagnostic number: 7902418. I have two Play 1's and the sub. I have a Motorola MG7310 router (https://motorolanetwork.com/cable-modem-plus-wi-fi-router/mg7310.html) and an Apple Time Capsule (each with their own wifi network). The sub is directly connected to the MG7310 via ethernet cable. The plays 1's are connected via wifi on the MG7310. The sonos app is connected to a wifi network on the MG7310. The rest of my devices (laptop, sony tv, iphones, etc) are connected to a wifi network via the apple time capsule. So I shouldn't have any interference but my music keeps skipping a quarter of the way thru a song and randomly selects another song in the que. Its unsable and getting frustrating. Anything you can do to help would be great. Thanks!
My Sonos keeps repeting songs over and over but it says the track is new in the app.... It started doing it after the latest update.
Sent in a diagnosis. Your confirmation number is: 7907580.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Cyaniol and Jones_ex, I've applied a patch to your systems that should help. You should see an update for your system, please run that, and then let us know if you're still having playback problems.

seandmcmillan before applying the patch to your system, I want to do a little troubleshooting as the symptoms seem to be slightly different. From the diagnostic, I can see that your PLAY:1s are communicating to the SUB over SonosNet. Can you change the channel your system is operating on from channel 1 to 11? By chance is one of the PLAY:1s close enough to the router that it can be wired as test vs the SUB?
I have the same problem and the latest update yesterday did not help. I need the patch. Thanks!
Diagnostics nr 7918503
Same problem 7925618
I experience same issue, randomly repeating songs when listening on Spotify. Diagnostics report ID: 7930111. Please distribute the patch for me too.
Same issue, been having it for months. Please distribute the patch soon for me aswell.

Diagnostic: 7932992
Badge
Hi. after ugrade to newest software and app, the issue has returned :(

Diagnostic: 7936604

Thanks

Skirk
I'm having this issue and submitted a diagnostic:

Thanks,
Chris G.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Eelhead, Erik Alp, Martynas V., popkornkrig, skirk1983, and Capstone Admin,

I've applied the patch to your accounts. Please update your Sonos systems and test things out. Let me know how it goes.
Badge
Hi Jeff and thanks. However, my system didn't find any new updates available?
Hi Jeff, I would love to get my hands on that patch to! Diagnostic 7930562
Hi Jeff! I applied the patch and I was convinced the problem had disappeared. But the problem came back after about 10 songs. Usually it comes after about 3 songs.