Answered

Sonos repeats Spotify tracks tracks on its own

I'm having an issue where SONOS repeats a track. Even though its displaying the proper song on the controller it plays the previous track again. It does this with spotify, I submitted a diagnostic. .7638913.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 8 November 2017, 20:09

Good news, everyone!

The team has developed a patch that should address the Spotify Repeating Tracks issue. If you are experiencing this, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. We will then flag your account for the update. Once you've been flagged for the update, check for updates on your Sonos Controller and apply the update. Afterwards, test Spotify playback and let us your results.

Anyone who has PM'd me directly should be flagged for the update.

Thank you all for your patience.

View original

171 replies

My system is doing the same thing, it repeats the same track, but lists the next song on the queue. If I press the restart icon the 'correct' track starts playing
Our system does it too! It is getting annoying that the same song is playing while the display list the next song that are supposed to be playing.
May I recommend to you two (LBH and Pihl123456) that you do the same thing as TolyCorp, and submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at?
Badge
Same problem here. Sent a system diagnostic with this code: 7645477.
Sonos v. 7.3, build 36441270.

As far as I remember, it's happening since I've installed this release.

Thank You!
Same problem here. Diagnostic number 7648504
So annoying!
I opened a case with sonos support and submitted diagnostic # 7640168. Sonos support provided a 'quick fix update' that has fixed the problem. No repeats for the 25 songs that I have played since loading the update
Badge
I reported the same issue via https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/playback-issues-via-spotify-6789109, seems like opening a support ticket is the way to go, then :)
Same here. Diagnostic: 7655411
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hey All, our apologies for the delay in getting a response to this thread.

TolyCorp – A review of the diagnostic shows there is communication errors taking place between the players and router. At the time of the diagnostic, the channel for the routers was broadcasting on channel 8, which means it’s getting interference from adjacent channels. Change the router to channel 11 and let us know if that helps.

Pihl123456 – I saw that you made contact with our phone support. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Andreapasotti – Give your router and system a reboot and then test playback from Spotify again. There’s some interference around the system, but we’ll want to take a look at another diagnostic before requesting any adjustments be made. Can you please submit another one and post the number here?

Danyuljohnson – Can you also give the network and system at your location a reboot to see if that helps. When replying please include an additional diagnostic.

Kampfwagen – I saw in another thread you made contact via Twitter. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MSichlau – When pulling your diagnostic I am seeing an error that indicates that information isn’t fully being passed between the router and your players. Please reboot your router and players and then test playback once again. If you’re still having troubles, submit another diagnostic and then post it here for our review.
Badge
Same here. Nice try Sonos Support to locate the source within the users responsibilty range. Just admit that it is a firmware bug. Even if the wifi signal is poor as hell that is no reason for that behaviour of the player. Wifi issues would explain for example random drops while playing music or random Playback stops. But not the issue that one Song repeats over and over while the controller app is displaying totally different information. Makes absolutly no sense exept there is a really really bad and cryptic software design beneeth the surface (it seems so to me). Especially because this issue appears only while using Spotify! I tried Apple Music for hours know and there everything is okay.

I have already discussed this with the support and they repeat telling me that it is wifi issue. Folks, just update the firmware or offer a downgrade to the previous Version to the people how are having troubles sind weeks!
mleibi wrote:

Same here. Nice try Sonos Support to locate the source within the users responsibilty range. Just admit that it is a firmware bug. [...]

No. This may well be a Spotify bug. That weird behavior occurs frequently within the native app, especially when I am listening to 'My Mixtape' (without utilizing Spotify Connect).
Badge
But how do you explain that the bug does not appear with older Sonos firmware? I have never experienced this by listening natively over the spotify app. But I will give it another shot - if the behaviour will not occure within my spotify app the bug will get just more complex Smilja...
mleibi wrote:

But how do you explain that the bug does not appear with older Sonos firmware?

No explanation, I subscribed to Spotify only about 6 weeks ago. A recently emerged bug, maybe? It appears to me that Spotify provides updates to the apps on a weekly schedule.
Badge
Very interesting. I am now listening to my „Discover Weekly“ spotify playlist (I love this feature about spotify and I will miss it on Apple Music) since over an hour. No repeat bug occured since then. Within the sonos-Connect environment I experience the issue after a few minutes...
Andy B wrote:

Hey All, our apologies for the delay in getting a response to this thread.

TolyCorp – A review of the diagnostic shows there is communication errors taking place between the players and router. At the time of the diagnostic, the channel for the routers was broadcasting on channel 8, which means it’s getting interference from adjacent channels. Change the router to channel 11 and let us know if that helps.

I have changed my routers broadcast channel to 11, didn't help. I reset the system to factory settings, didn't help. Nothing has helped, it even stops playing randomly now, just stops and the playlist. I have submitted another diagnostic. 7719855

Please help
Badge
TolyCorp do you have Spotify as your streaming service? Witch subscription do you have to spotify: single or family? Do you have a facebook connected spotify account or „plain old spotify-username without linkage to facebook“? Do you have the same issues with other music services than spotify?
mleibi wrote:

TolyCorp do you have Spotify as your streaming service? Witch subscription do you have to spotify: single or family? Do you have a facebook connected spotify account or „plain old spotify-username without linkage to facebook“? Do you have the same issues with other music services than spotify?

I have a premium family account with mixed facebook and regular accounts. I use a facebook linked for this. which linked through the spotify app rather than my logging in. I have other music services, like amazon music, I experience some minor skipping in songs but have only recently started using it since my problems with spotify so I will monitor. I can use spotify fine without any issues on all other devices in my home. Iphone, PC, google home.
Badge
Hm, still I get no clue out of it. I can use spotify fine, too without any problems when I do not play through my sonos system. I have read something about a possible connection to a spotify installation on a PlayStation 4 System. I have a PS4 with spotify installed on it, do you?
mleibi wrote:

Hm, still I get no clue out of it. I can use spotify fine, too without any problems when I do not play through my sonos system. I have read something about a possible connection to a spotify installation on a PlayStation 4 System. I have a PS4 with spotify installed on it, do you?

I don't have a PS4
Badge
So no common pattern to identify. It seems we have to wait until spotify and/or sonos are offering a solution to it.
I am happy to see this string of responses around the issue. Now we just need a solution. I have had the exact same problem with sonos repeating a spotify song even though the proper song is displayed on the controller. I have tried different things including; reinstalling sonos on controllers; trying different controllers, rebooting the router numerous times, unplugging speakers various times, calling my WIFI provider, buying a new router, buying a new Spotify account, moving my router to see if there is an interference issue, using one of the play 3's connected directly to router as a boost and absolutely nothing has fixed it. Spotify works fine on other devices (Bose stereo) and other music services (Apple music) are coming in fine. I have also experienced this on a completely different Sonos system in a different city with a different internet provider (one is a cottage and the other my home). This definetlley sounds like a programming bug related to spotify and Sonos...very disappointing that Sonos told me it was with my wifi service as every other app works fine and I have alsways had this internet privider with no issue previously. Hope they fix it soon. Please let me know if any of you get a solution.
Badge
Maybe you can try to charge Sonos for your expenditures? That is really hillarious! They keep telling everbody with this bug something about wifi issues and some of us are spending hundrets of dollars in order to „upgrade our broken wifi setup“...
Actually, If there is a bug related in any way to Sonos, they will investigate – backstage.
I have the same problem. I have a play 5 and a play1 I have tried to even factory reset both speakers. Still the same problem. When I play a track on Spotify from a playlist my sonos system keeps repeating the same song but the player on my phone shows that it is actually playing the next song!!! How is that possible?

I have run the diagnostic tool and here is my number 7735984
It's most likely an issue where the speaker is losing connection to your wifi, so it would repeat the song and not be able to notify the controller properly.

I would recommend unplugging all of your Sonos devices, then rebooting your router, and then plugging the speakers back one at a time, waiting at least a minute before each speaker, so that they have time to reboot.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)