Answered

Sonos randomly switching tracks in the middle

• 19 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Sometimes (not often), my sonos will randomly switch songs while one is playing. I've looked at other posts here and folks have said its to do wifi congestion. However all of my connect amps (I have about 😎 are hardwired into my router. Diagnostics # 6887745
icon

Best answer by joepaley 19 January 2017, 20:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sorry for the delay Joe, somehow we missed this one. The diagnostic is showing that 3 of your rooms are wireless, including the player that you had set up as the main grouped coordinator for the active group at the time, Entrance. The PLAY:3s were wireless too. You'd want to change the wireless channel on Sonos to help clear up some interference which should help.

As to the wired players, that shouldn't matter much, but it's important for the others.

If you're still having trouble, I'd be happy to assist, just let us know how it's going.
I did find the problem. In my rack of Sonos amps, the network cable was unplugged from one, switching it to wifi. Plugged it back in, everything is working flawlessly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I did find the problem. In my rack of Sonos amps, the network cable was unplugged from one, switching it to wifi. Plugged it back in, everything is working flawlessly.

Great, that was probably the Entrance one which wasn't wired. Let us know if we can help with anything else.
That's exactly the one