Answered

Sonos Radio drop-outs

• 17 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yesterday and today I have had a number of drop-outs whilst listening to Sonos Radio - radio stops suddenly and then restarts after a few seconds.

I have created diagnostic 1390421046

Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by Xander P 18 February 2021, 11:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Stuart_W, thanks for reaching out.

Audio drop outs are generally related to Sonos not getting enough data over the network, which can be caused by interference or slow network speeds.

If you’re running a wired setup, I’d recommend ensuring that your local WiFi and SonosNet are operating on different channels, and giving any wired Sonos units as much distance as possible from other wireless devices.

If you’re experiencing issues when playing to a group of speakers, I’d also recommend that the Group Coordinator, i.e. the speaker you start the group from, is either wired, or the closest speaker to the wired unit - this should provide a more stable connection for the group as a whole.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Xander P Surely you can see my set-up in the diagnostic I submitted?

What does it report please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Stuart_W - for more in depth troubleshooting & diagnostics, which may be required if my advice doesn’t help, I’d recommend reaching out to the Support Team via either live chat or phone call.

Sorry that I can’t be of further assistance right now, but do let us know if the above steps help at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It’s a shame that Sonos are apparently removing, or have removed, the technical knowledge of Sonos posters here.

With a large Sonos system and nearly 8 years of experience using them I am quite familiar with the standard procedures. Also, I will note changing the group controller isn’t, obviously, a long or medium term acceptable “fix”.

Why has one room suddenly started to struggle to connect? I have changed nothing else in the system. Maybe the Wi-Fi card in one of the kitchen stereo pairs is playing up?