Answered

Sonos Radio account needs to be reauthorized

• 11 November 2020
  • 34 replies

I can’t search for radio stations currently.

The Sonos app says my Sonos Radio account needs to be reauthorized. When I click on Reauthorize it comes up with an error msg saying ‘Unable to reauthorize Sonos Radio account’.

ive deleted and reinstalled the Sonos app but that hasn’t worked. Can anyone help? Very frustrating! 

icon

Best answer by Smilja 11 November 2020, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Ditto, same issues. I updated the Sonos app this morning - I had no choice - and no radio and received the ‘unable to reauthorize sonos radio account’ message.  I then deleted the app, re-installed, same issue/error. Any idea how this is brought to the attention of Sonos? 95% of my Sonos use is radio; without access to radio stations, no point having Sonos. 

Userlevel 1

Same here!! So frustrating because most of my use is radio 

TuneIn works. ‘Sonos Radio’ is down and they - Sonos - know about it (if a chap on twitter is to be believed; he told me about TuneIn….).

Same issue for me, hope it is temporary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reinstalling the app changes nothing, as the config is in the speakers.

Instead Remove the Sonos Radio service using the app, then try re-Adding it back. That will cause the authorization token to be refreshed.

With v12.2 it is no longer possible to remove Sonos Radio.

Guys, You need to update the speaker’s firmware as well, not only the Sonos app.

Update your Sonos speakers

Userlevel 1

Everything is up to date for me, problem is with their server/software I believe

@Kargo9, Restarting the router, afterwards the Sonos speakers (one by one) might help.

Same in France, seems to be a Sonos Radio software glitch, not a hardware nor an app update issue.

“Sonos Radio account needs to be reauthorized” still a problem.  Tried removing Sonos Radio and now can’t add it back.  Nothing wrong with the rest of my LAN.  This problem started after performing the mandatory update when I signed in this afternoon.  I expect better from a premium product.

Same in France, seems to be a Sonos Radio software glitch, not a hardware nor an app update issue.

In Rome, Italy too!!!

Guys, You need to update the speaker’s firmware as well, not only the Sonos app.

Sorry how do I update speaker? I’ve got the Sonos app on my iPhone. The link suggests going to Settings and then System  but isn’t listed within Settings.

This thread isn’t answered. I clicked on the tick by mistake and now can’t untick it!

Starting to find Sonos very frustrating! Still no radio! 

Userlevel 1

Hi it’s me, that “chap on twitter”.

Sonos Support chat confirmed to me yesterday

This is a bug we detected this morning. Our guys are working on it so id ask you to wait and try again tomorrow."

However, today it is still not working.

You can listen to radio stations via TuneIn, that is a workaround.

Or if you know the direct stream URL of the radio station, you can also use that.

Still broken for me on both the desktop app on my Mac and on my iPhone. Have reverted to TuneIn

Userlevel 1

Hi people, I strolled through this forum and I tried one of the tips I found and that worked now:

• unplug all Sonos speakers
  • plug them all back in
  • go into the app
  • re-authorize Sonos Radio

That worked for me, don’t know whether rebooting all speakers had any influence (could also be that Sonos fixed the general issue)

Userlevel 1

the systems are up to date as well as the sonos s2 app but there is no option for deleting / resetting sonos radio

Userlevel 1

Hi people, I strolled through this forum and I tried one of the tips I found and that worked now:

• plug them all back in
  • go into the app

That worked for me, don’t know whether rebooting all speakers had any influence (could also be that Sonos fixed the general issue)

how to unplug the speakers?

Userlevel 1

Just unplug the electrical power from the wall socket, make sure all Sonos devices are powered down before plugging them back in.

Userlevel 1

Just unplug the electrical power from the wall socket, make sure all Sonos devices are powered down before plugging them back in.

it worked out!! thanks

I have like 10 speakers and just unplugged 2 of them (they were right & left of a set) plugged them back and after they restarted, Sonos Radio is back there in Favorites and it works.

I had the same problem with apps & firmware up-to-date.

Unplug and replug my Beam did the trick. After I restarted the app, I could browse all Sonos stations again.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it:

Sonos is now offering a premium subscription service in Sonos Radio HD.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/11/12/sonos-radio-hd-subscription-service-launches-with-high-definition-audio-curated-radio

• plug them all back in
  • go into the app

This worked for me! 

Powering down 1 didn't work. Powered down 2 did the trick. Thank you.