Answered

Sonos problem, spotifye dropping out, skiping songs, lose conection

• 13 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I'm having problems with my sonos system. the hsr previously worked but has at times skipped songs or been at times it does not find some speakers, or suddenly stops playing. Now it does not work to play any samger from spotifye. the apartment is 120m2 and I live in an apartment from 1896 with a lot of thick walls. yes wifi is not super good because of this. I have moved the internet outlet to the middle of the apartment, bought a killer router and ordered high speed, without it seeming to solve the problem (have also factory reset all speakers and added them again) struggled a bit to add the speakers as I often got error 800 but it is now fixed. Have ordered a Sonos boost, do you think this solves the problem or is it something else?
icon

Best answer by Klavis 16 August 2021, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

additional information: has 1 playbar, 4 sonos play 1 and a sonos one

Unlikely that a BOOST resolves the situation, especially given the ‘thick walls’ you state. It’s much more likely some sort of wifi interference , just moving the traffic to another radio frequency is unlikely to make a significant difference. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network, especially given the challenges you’re facing. 

THX Bruce!!

will call sonos tomorrow, but yesterday I tested by taking a tp cable from the router to the playbar. Then it suddenly worked for a while before it started to do a little skipp
the solution was that asus's new rt ax routers do not go so well with sonos. I had to go into router settings and turn off airtime fairness.