Answered

Sonos Port Streaming

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Good afternoon, 

I hope someone can help with this. 

I just got the Sonos Port and hooked it up to my turntable just fine. I have the INLINE connected directly to the turn table and the OUTLINE connected to the reciever. This allows me to play music from my phone to the receiver and play records through the port to my other sonos speakers. 

Two problems I have run into: 

• When playing records, it streams to my sonos speakers but does not play out of my receiver to my wired speakers concurrently. Nor have I been able to switch it to run through the port and my receiver to come out of my wired speakers 
  • When streaming my turntable to my living room, it plays out of the ARC but does not connect to my sub nor my Sonos one speakers 

Is there an easier way to do this that I am not seeing?

icon

Best answer by willr90 23 September 2021, 04:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

PORT’s analog Line-Out would connect to any receiver analog input except Phono, Or, if you like, you could connect PORT’s digital output to a receiver digital input. Digital input might require some receiver configuration.

With respect to PORT, it is just another SONOS player and you must select the turntable input as you would for any other SONOS player. PORT’s Line-In and Line-Out are separate network devices sharing the same shell -- there is no direct connection between PORT’s Line-In and Line-Out.

I found out the issue. I have two networks and the one I set my port up to was different. I had to reset everything and reconnect under the same network. My records play from both my receiver speakers and sonossurround sound at the same time!