Sonos Port plugged Focusrite

• 13 January 2020
  • 6 replies

I have a new sonos port and I want to conect to my imac with Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, but there isn´t sound in my another sonos.

Someone know if it is possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If you’re trying to setup the Port as output from your mic preamp, this is not a good idea.  Not sure if you just haven't grouped your Port with other speakers properly, but once you get that working, you’ll notice a signficant delay between your mic and other inputs and the output to Sonos speakers.  Sonos buffers the audio in order to do mutliroom as stable as possible.  Not a problem when playing for recorded audio sources, but it makes a horrible PA speaker system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not sure how you’re using these devices but I’m pretty sure I’m with Danny.

I tried this some time ago with a Scarlet. I wanted to use Sonos as speakers to play on a VSTi, and do some light editing. The results were absolutely horrible. You’re better off doing a mix / playing your instrument / recording your voice on some decent headphones or proper monitors, then playing your mixdown through the Sonos app if you want to do that later.

If this is just to get sound coming through the other devices, (i.e. You’re using the Scarlet as a soundcard for your computer audio). It should just be a matter of grouping your Sonos speakers. However, in a DAW, if trying to get real-time monitoring (with an instrument or during vocal recording) it’s going to be pointless, I’m afraid. Let us know how you get on. 

Hi
In principle I wanted to use it as a sound card, because I have some good headphones for the instrument.
But I have not been able to make it work either.
I connect the output of the soundcard to the entrance of the Port and would it be?
Thank you very much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You’re welcome, of course! :) 

Hi
In principle I wanted to use it as a sound card, because I have some good headphones for the instrument.
But I have not been able to make it work either.
I connect the output of the soundcard to the entrance of the Port and would it be?
Thank you very much for your help.

Hmm, in principle, yes. But I don’t think it’s going to be that simple. Now that I think about it, if I remember correctly, the 2i2 only has two quarter inch outputs, right?
I’m not sure how you would go about connecting this to the inputs of the Beam. Did I understand you correctly that you already have the Beam and 2i2 connected? How have you done this? 

https://www.ebay.es/i/124040063829?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=1185-146825-5486-0&mkcid=2&itemid=124040063829&targetid=856157574650&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1005492&poi=&campaignid=1670809431&mkgroupid=90735690209&rlsatarget=pla-856157574650&abcId=1139526&merchantid=116389815&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9PiMr7SD5wIVAvlRCh0NcwebEAQYBiABEgKpHPD_BwE

Hi
The 2i2 has a line output (red and white).
I have a Beam connected to the TV but I want to take it out by the Sonos One.
But I think it won't be possible, I think I need other speakers.

Thank you.

Here’s what I have:

• Pair of JBL 306P MkII
  • A Focusrite Saffire 8i6 (Gen 3)
  • Sonos: Amp

What I want to do is:

Send the sonos signal from my house into the JBL’s AND the computer audio from the interface into the same JBLs.

What I am doing now:

1. SONOS > Speaker wire (via banana plug) to TRS > Focusrite Inputs 3&4
  2. Focusrite Output 1&2 into JBLs (TRS to XLR)
  3. Mixing with Focusrite Control

There seems to be a delay in the Sonos sound from the rest of the speakers in the house. Also it sounds like the sound from the AMP has less fidelity & volume than when connected directly to the speakers.

What am I missing here?