Answered

Sonos Port only playing two speakers

• 28 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I recently purchased the port component to integrate my 5 speakers surround system with Sonos.  Set up was easy - problem I am having is only two of my five speakers are playing (the front two).  I confirmed via other sources that all five speakers work fine so its something going on with the port.  To confirm, the port should be able to stream all five speakers, correct?

My receiver is set up as “Stereo” which normally would play all speakers in harmony (not surround sound).  Appreciate any assistance with this!

icon

Best answer by buzz 2 December 2020, 09:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This is a receiver setup option. The receiver perceives PORT as a cassette deck or CD player. You’ll need to find an operating mode on the receiver that sends an analog stereo source to front and rear speakers connected to the receiver. Usually, only front L/R and rear L/R will operate in this mode, center will be silent.

Each manufacturer has a different name for this mode. Which model receiver are you using?

Awesome thank you buzz!  Im running a denon AVR-1613 (2012).  Sorry for the delay Im still new to Sonos and the community.  Appreciate the assistance!!

On page 64 & 65 of the manual, there is a “MULTI CH STEREO” mode. Likely this is what you are looking for. Obviously, I can’t test this.

This is exactly what I needed. I got it to work. Thank you very very much!!