Answered

Sonos Port Dropping From Network

• 28 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I submitted diagnostic report 1875321058.

I have a Nest wifi mesh system, one router hardwired to the modem, an IP switch to which I have two additional Nest Wifi points hardwired and one additional wireless Nest WiFi extender.

I have a gen 1 playbar wired to my main router through the IP switch, and the rest is all connected through the SonosNet via that product (Sub, Sub, Arc, Beam, Move).

I've had this system (all but the Port) hooked up for over a year and I've never had any connection issues, song drops, product drops, etc. I just recently bought the Port to hook through an old receiver and speakers I inherited.

Every time I try to play music through the Port the product just stops like 30 seconds in and disappears from my system and does a reset.  I've tried connecting it directly to one of the downstream routers, changing the compression, and changing to channel 11.

I still continue to have absolutely zero issues on any of my other products, and I'm feeling lost.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 January 2022, 07:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

While you wait for a forum moderator to have a chance to look at your diagnostic, you may want to try a simple network refresh. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot whichever your network device is your DHCP server. Once it comes back up, plug back in your Sonos, and see if the issue recurs. 

If you’d prefer not to wait for a forum moderator, you may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.