Sonos Port Autoplay

• 21 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I see that this has been posted before but I can’t seem to find a response that works for me. I have a U-Turn Orbit turntable going to a Pro-Ject preamp feeding a Sonos Port. I cannot for the life of me get the Autoplay to work consistently. No problem choosing the source in S2 but dropping the needle doesn’t trigger autoplay. I have tried adjusting the line-in gain from Level 1 all the way through to Level 10 and it still won’t trigger 9/10 times. Curious if there is a solution as I had the exact same problem with my Sonos Connect. I have tried with different preamps and even a different turntable with the same results. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @christopherabell

Welcome to the Sonos Community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Allow to me share some information with you.

When Line-In autoplay is enabled and another source is playing if a line input source is started, it should take over the existing source.  Sonos detects a signal is being sent to the Line-In port it will automatically play Line-In audio.

Let me ask a few questions to help you out with this.

• Have you tried to pause the music on any of your other services then play your turntable, did it play automatically?
  • Try to disable and reenable the Autoplay settings, and check if there’s any difference.
  • How about disconnecting all the devices connected to your Sonos Port and unplug it from the power? Are there any improvements after reconnecting the devices back?

Can you please submit a diagnostic report after it fails to autoplay? Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Hello and thank you. I’ve tried these steps with no improvement. I’ve submitted diagnostics - confirmation 1174172756. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @christopherabell,

Thanks for your response and for updating us.  

Based on the report, the errors detected are audio dropout due to sync errors and interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion. These errors can be possibly causing the issue.

Let me suggest refreshing the network connection and your Sonos to check if this will make any improvements.

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power including the Sonos Bridge.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos devices are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  • Unplug and re-plug your preamp from the power.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.

If after rebooting your network and Sonos devices, the issue is still the same, It would be best to contact our phone support team to help you out check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. Our phone support team is closed during weekends but you may reach them from Monday through Friday, 10 am - 7 pm EST.

Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to answer any further questions you have.