sonos playlist export or back up

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

239 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Then use m3u, wpl or pls playlists (those saved as files on e.g. the NAS and e.g. generated from iTunes): https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/154/~/importing-playlists-into-sonos
The "solution" is quite simple: don't do Sonos Playlists. Use e.g. Spotify Playlists etc.

I don't use spotify 🙂 I have all my music in FLAC files on a NAS drive
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
The "solution" is quite simple: don't do Sonos Playlists. Use e.g. Spotify Playlists etc.
Userlevel 2
+1

I have now 2 Play One and I promise I will buy 2 additional units for my kids, if I get the backup feature. But without backup it's to dangerous to let them play around with this.
Userlevel 2
+1 from me. This would really help so I can export the playlists I have created to use on my SD card based car audio system which has no way to create playlists. So, I'm going to have to use another application e.g. iTunes to create them.
and enable users to easily catch duplicates, etc. I don't understand why this has never been a primary feature as it has on any other music management software. Export / import may be more difficult to implement, but sorting? That's a simple database thing that Sonos should have done in version 1.0. What is their reasoning???

We may not know the exact answer, but some cogent explanations have been posted in the other thread where you listed this similar complaint.

Best of Luck
and enable users to easily catch duplicates, etc. I don't understand why this has never been a primary feature as it has on any other music management software. Export / import may be more difficult to implement, but sorting? That's a simple database thing that Sonos should have done in version 1.0. What is their reasoning???
Userlevel 2
+1 for playlist export, would like to share with my friends.

Thank you Sonos!
Userlevel 2
+1 for import/export of playlists
Userlevel 2
+1

from me too - excellent idea and long overdue ... even if it only exports items in your own library
Userlevel 7
Badge +14
It is genuinely staggering.
As quiet as Sonos are (as ever), I'd love to hear one possible reason why you CAN'T backup your own playlists anywhere.
Userlevel 2
+1 for playlist export, even if it's just to text or XML
I love Sonos so much -- but the basic inability to export -- or even sort or search -- your own playlists is just astounding to me.
I've just lost 4 years of playlists & favourites and am devastated.
So that others might avoid this fate, what actually triggered this?

Other than accidental deletion (plus delete confirmation), about the only possible cause would be a factory reset of all the Players in the system, or not resetting units which had been part of another system before adding them.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
+ 1

I've just lost 4 years of playlists & favourites and am devastated.

Please Sonos get this sorted - we need to be able to import & export playlists & favourites soon.

NJSS
Userlevel 2
Another frustrated Sonos enthusiast who lost hours invested on playlists
Userlevel 2
Agreed: export is usually much more simple than import. But I only ask for exporting PLAYLISTS - not for database records of individual songs!

In that case importing a playlist - like an m3u file but any other format is OK - will never corrupt the database. It merely will not work since the song/track can't be found......

Import can of course easily be bypassed by creating m3u files btw 🙂 Let's focus on export!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
And since export is almost as simple as "import" when it's done: please make it both ways?

No. Export is trivial. The hard part is Import. If that goes wrong, people don't like having their data deleted or corrupted. Export doesn't have this problem - the worse that can happen is it doesn't work.

Export without Import has no use case. Import without Export makes even less sense: both are required.
Userlevel 2
Big +1 for me. Even a very basic export to any format would be great. And since export is almost as simple as "import" when it's done: please make it both ways?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
+1 for request

You might want to add your vote here.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Why hasn't it been added? This cannot be difficult to accomplish.

You might want to add your vote here.
Userlevel 2
+1 for this really important feature
Userlevel 2
Another +1 for this facility.
Userlevel 2
+1 for request
+1

Sonos users have been requesting this simple function for YEARS. Why hasn't it been added? This cannot be difficult to accomplish.

Any new official word on this?