sonos playlist export or back up

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

239 replies

Userlevel 2
Just got two new S5's and couldn't believe there was no way of importing and exporting playlists - however found this article -

https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=154

It's good for me 😃 however would prefer a simple import/export/backup function on ALL controller software - Sonos are you listerning?
I'd love it if playlists sync'd back and forth with iTunes though I feel like sonos' understandable "don't write" policy means it's unlikely.

Plus, Sonos playlists can contain music service based tracks, which would mean nothing to iTunes. Sure you can filter them out, but that gets farther and farther away from Sonos' wish to not be a music manager.
Userlevel 2
I've just registered to add my +1 to the idea of being able to export playlists. Even if it's only for backup purposes, since I have lots of playlists that I don't have any other record of.

In an ideal world it would have the option to save as an iTunes playlist (filtering out the tracks from music services), but I'd settle for just the ability to backup and restore.

Export to .txt file would also be a nice addition.
Userlevel 2
+1 for being able to export and edit playlists.
Userlevel 2
+1 from me
Userlevel 2
If I want to take my Sonos playlist with me (with Spotify for example) there is no way to do it..... so export would be a great idea.
+1 for exporting and backup playlists out of Sonos
Userlevel 2
+1 for exporting playlists.

Also some ability to import them into Itunes would be nice! Oh, and can it be done by Lunchtime;):)
Userlevel 2
+1 for exporting playlists.
Userlevel 2
+1 for exporting, backing up and (re)importing playlists.
Userlevel 2
+1 for exporting playlists