Answered

Sonos player disappearing when playing spotify

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

We are an av installer and use sonos in some client setups. Mostly port or connect and we are experiencing a lot of problems after newest updates in S2.

A lot of clients are reporting missing players. The player dissapears in the sonos app but is still active on the network and replies to ping and :1400/status page. 

Most of our installs are hardwired and wifi off, a lot of these installs worked fine for a long period until now.

I think the issue occurs when playing spotify music selected in the sonos app.

Other players playing internet radio trough sonos radio or tunein have no issues. 

Also when playing spotify trough spotify connect the players don’t disappear. 

Since we allready know of 10+ installs with these problems I don’t think the network or network gear is causing this. Because there are different routers and switches with most of the installs. 

Anyone aware of this issue or experiencing the same? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 June 2021, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Van Gils 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Some users are currently being affected by an issue with playing Spotify from the Sonos app, though this shouldn’t make the room disappear. The workaround is to use the Spotify app to play to Sonos. Due to this current issue, I don’t currently recommend utilising Spotify to troubleshoot any issues on your installed systems.

Given that rooms are disappearing, however, I recommend that when with an affected system you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to the Sonos system and the network it’s on.

Badge +1

Hello

I have the exact same problem in two installations. Currently there is at least 2-3 threads in the forum regarding this problem :( 

One of the installations has been like this for at least 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sammy Johannesson 

There can be multiple causes of these issues, so I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team when with an affected system, though you can take a look a this article first;