Sonos Playbase Will Not Stay Connected

• 11 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi - I have a Sonos Playbase with 2 X Playbase 1 as surround. The Playbase has dropped connectivity and will not re-connect. When I try to re-connect, the apps states press the “Figure 8” when you hear the chimes, but the chime is literally a nano second, unlike before and nothing happens. There has been no change to my network. When I managed to get it connected briefly earlier, the moment you adjusted the volume the connectivity would drop.

Thanks,R

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router and unplugging your Playbase and surrounds from power for about a minute or two?

Yes, rebooted router and playbase several times to no avail. Have unplugged all from the mains and left for a few minutes and it still wont connect.

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging your TV too. If all else fails you can try resetting your Playbase by following these instructions: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

What router do you have?

Linksys Router - I have spoken to Sonos and it appears that the Wireless card in Playbase is fried, however I have connected the Playbase directly to the router and it still drops. #confused !

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Robert_203 

Interesting that it’s still dropping off when wired.
You mentioned that when adding it back in to the system, you press the Join button and it very briefly chimes. Looks like it’s been added in to the system fully now so we won’t hear the chime - if you press the same button, how does the status light on the Playbase act? Does it flash orange for a moment, or something else? If music or TV is playing when you press the Join button, does it continue to play?