Answered

Sonos playbase and LG TV

• 6 April 2018
  • 5 replies

I am not able to use my magic remote to control the volume. I tried any technique provided on your website, but they look outdated. This is really a pitty knowing the price of the playbase! Hope to see a workaround soon or a real update in the comming weeks!!!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 19 April 2018, 23:00

Hi Profiler,

At this point it would probably be best to work this issue live with our phone support team. Please call us up, you can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am not able to use my magic remote to control the volume. I tried any technique provided on your website, but they look outdated. This is really a pitty knowing the price of the playbase! Hope to see a workaround soon or a real update in the comming weeks!!!

Hi Profiler,

Have you tried the steps outlined in this guide? There are a few other suggestions in this thread. The trick is to get the remote to send out an IR signal, which is what the PLAYBAR and PLAYBASE can receive.

If those steps don't line up with what you see, let me know how far you get and I'll see what more I can find out for you.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried the guide yes, but as I said it looks outdated. Step 1 and 2 are ok, but I am not able to select any manufacturer nor remote type... Maybe the TV os latest version does not include this anymore? On top of that, when trying to "read" the remote from the app, nothing happen even if I keep pressing for minutes ou hundreds of times.

The thread relates more or less the same scenarios but as I cannot chose a manufacturer nor remote type, the issue is not fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried the guide yes, but as I said it looks outdated. Step 1 and 2 are ok, but I am not able to select any manufacturer nor remote type... Maybe the TV os latest version does not include this anymore? On top of that, when trying to "read" the remote from the app, nothing happen even if I keep pressing for minutes ou hundreds of times.

The thread relates more or less the same scenarios but as I cannot chose a manufacturer nor remote type, the issue is not fixed.

Thanks for the information. I found an alternate setup guide from LG. Let me know if this helps.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information. I found an alternate setup guide from LG. Let me know if this helps.

Unfortunately still not
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Profiler,

At this point it would probably be best to work this issue live with our phone support team. Please call us up, you can find our phone number and hours in your region here.