Question

Sonos Playbar Won't Connect to Dual-Band Router

• 12 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello - I have AT&T Fiber internet and a tech recently came out to fix some connection issues. He also recommended merging my 2.4ghz and 5ghz network. Before this, my Sonos system was set up on the 2.4ghz network. Now that network no longer exists and both networks have identical names/passwords, I’m having major problems getting my Sonos to connect to wireless.

I read through this (after I factory reset all of my Sonos equipment which apparently I shouldn’t have done 😞 ). 

I ran an ethernet cord from an additional wireless access point directly to my Playbar, and my system is setup. However, when I try to connect my Sonos to wireless now as I need to move the additional access point to another room, it keeps saying I have an invalid password when connecting to my network (the password is correct). While my channel selection for the 2.4ghz network is set to automatic, each time I've checked the channel it has been on 6 or 11.

I had no issues setting up Sonos on the 2.4ghz network so I’m confident this is an issue with Sonos not seeing the 2.4ghz network. Any help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Matt Daggett, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what’s happening on your Sonos system. So that we can check the current status of your system, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of this issue. Thanks.

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.