Answered

Sonos Playbar makes buzzing noise but only when connected optical

• 10 December 2020
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

sonos playbar plays fine but starts makes buzzing noise only when connected thru optical, since a couple of days.

the moment that a signal is transmitted thru the optical cable, the Playbar starts to buzz.

And the buzzing is different (pitch) when playing from the TV set top box then when streaming from netflix/youtube.

the volume of the buzzing is controlled thru the volume control of the sonos app.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 10 December 2020, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @K&R.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would also like to thank you for trying to isolate the issue since not only were you able to provide a very detailed description of replicating the issue, you were also able to provide some key points to better understand what works and what does not.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to better understand how to get this fixed as this is no longer a normal behavior of a Sonos device. I would also like to add if you could submit a diagnostic while the issue is ongoing so we can check what signal the Sonos Playbar is receiving and what is going on.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hello, I have a very similar issue..

K&R, how did you get on with support?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @nwaring.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to quote my recommendation above and be able to contact our technical support team using the link provided above.

Hi @K&R.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would also like to thank you for trying to isolate the issue since not only were you able to provide a very detailed description of replicating the issue, you were also able to provide some key points to better understand what works and what does not.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to better understand how to get this fixed as this is no longer a normal behavior of a Sonos device. I would also like to add if you could submit a diagnostic while the issue is ongoing so we can check what signal the Sonos Playbar is receiving and what is going on.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. I’ll be happy to help out.

Thanks,

Hello,

I am having the same issue here. did you find any solution to this problem?

thanks

Did you call the technical support team, as recommended?