Question

Sonos Playbar doesn't support latest UE series from Samsung!??

• 12 December 2016
  • 0 replies

I have searched the web and forums to see if others had a similar problem as me - this is basically my situation:

Just bought the latest Samsung UE75KS8000 TV, it has optical output and allows DTS Neo 2:5 and PCM - other options don't show (but looks like also also other formats may be possible, but they are "not active" as it looks, maybe because I have setup as optical output).

HDMI Audio set as: PCM
Audio format: PCM
Output from TV: Optical

Problem: I simply cannot get any sound from the TV to the playbar - playbar does work with streaming from Spotify and apps and also remove is linked to Playbar. Everytime I push the volume button on the remove it shows the an icon of optical output setup.
I called Sonos support, as thought this would be a quick fix, but after a little while realized that this was something that would be a bit more challenging and arranged I will call back. Meanwhile I also went to the shop where I bought it, who also have Sonos products and was told that they also has tried to connect a Playbar to one of the most recent Samsung models and also there they couldn't make it work.

I did read in a few forums about problems getting surround from the TV - I don't care much about this, but simply want the sound in stereo to go through my Playbar, which did work with my previous Samsung tv (which was about 4-5 years of age).

Anyone who have tried this a swell and found a solution?

Thanks for the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.