Answered

Sonos playback stutters and stops on Spotify

• 15 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Recently my Sonos Move (the only sonos speaker I own) has been giving me problems when trying to play music on Spotify, either directly through the Spotify app or on the Sonos app.

Playback starts but then quickly starts to stutter and then stops. The sonos app then gives me a message about the WiFi network being 'unstable'. I use an Eero mesh WiFi network and according to the Eero app, the WiFi signal strength received by the Sonos Move is full. Furthermore, it's only Spotify that seems to give me this trouble. My Sonos speaker has always been a little temperamental with Spotify, occasionally skipping a track, and giving me the same WiFi unstable message, but this latest stuttering is making it borderline unusable.

Are there any solutions for this? If I stream music on other devices in the same room as the Sonos move, I experience no problems, so I don't buy that there's an issue with WiFi signal strength.

This is making me seriously consider returning the speaker.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 January 2022, 10:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Take a look at this thread about using mesh networks: